Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many
51 weeks ago I contracted COVID out on the road and it really did a number on my nervous system. I’ve been unable to work (lucky to have disability insurance) and have been slowly healing (there has been progress, thankfully) but last weekend was a real doozy that finally landed me in the emergency room early Tuesday morning.

I had an exciting but totally exhausting time wrestling nurses with their darn IVs and sneaking sips from my coffee. The humburg and I have been home for two days now getting our strength back.

Good news out of all that is that my heart has been given a clean bill of health, so it was worth the visit just to have that verified.

Now just a bit more nervous system fine-tuning and hopefully I can get back to work by fall.

Have a great end to your work week friends.

View attachment 538928
Hope you are yourself again soon. The hats have to help!;)

wsmontana

A-List Customer
51 weeks ago I contracted COVID out on the road and it really did a number on my nervous system. I’ve been unable to work (lucky to have disability insurance) and have been slowly healing (there has been progress, thankfully) but last weekend was a real doozy that finally landed me in the emergency room early Tuesday morning.

I had an exciting but totally exhausting time wrestling nurses with their darn IVs and sneaking sips from my coffee. The humburg and I have been home for two days now getting our strength back.

Good news out of all that is that my heart has been given a clean bill of health, so it was worth the visit just to have that verified.

Now just a bit more nervous system fine-tuning and hopefully I can get back to work by fall.

Have a great end to your work week friends.

View attachment 538928
Sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Wishing you the best, my friend, and prayers for health restored! Glad you're home and the old ticker is still keeping perfect time!

Get well soon.

Hope you are yourself again soon. The hats have to help!;)

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon.
Thank you gentlemen! Indeed, the hat collection and being active in the Lounge have been great morale boosters!

Ironically, ending up in the ER has come at a time when my health appears to be finally normalizing (which is very exciting news).

It has been a great year of healing but I've been concerned about being permanently disabled. At this moment, there appears to be real hope for returning to work in mid- to late-autumn.

And of course light walks in the neighborhood under the Akubra Digger make me anxious to be back out on the hiking trail, maybe next month!

IMG_8301.jpg

IMG_8302.jpg

IMG_8304.JPG

Last edited:

StoryPNW

One Too Many
I have been wearing my Shudde Bros 3X an awful lot lately. In spite of the fact that I was not entirely sure if I liked the cattleman's crease on me or not, this is a hat I regularly grab off the shelf. It has certainly grown on me. I find the 3-ply ribbon more interesting than the one on my OR.
20230811_154432.jpg
20230811_091917.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe