Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
It's ADAM fine thing that Saturday morning feels THE POLAR opposite from Monday morning.

Have HELLAFUN.
601ada91a4d67203f4785364d146df49.jpg
a89f71d3ef8721ad098f0ea74283692a.jpg
f24624fc3981359b9233e7a3acb35ffe.jpg
81132b8d3296d440723b48cbed2092e2.jpg
02d29629dbbafba861c0389c7338ce2d.jpg
Been missing the Polar, Matt. Great hat

Good looking hat Michael and I like the Filson vest too.
Thanks Wyldkarma. The Filson will be coming out a lot for the next several months. I wore the Stetson out in the rain on my bicycle and now the crown is a soft as a bunnies tail. Might be a comment on what it's made out of. The pinch tightened up nicely.

Your new Disney looks to be a beautiful piece of felt.
DSCN5533 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Noticed a lot of great Stetson Playboys in the last few days.So here's the Playboy that I got in a trade with Moon.
mISQKVI.jpg
B5Bg3bA.jpg
A super nice color on the Playboy, Dogman. Lovely hat.

Got home from the bike ride after a few detours. The trail is flooded in a number of areas. The river is over flood stage now. Got home and made some turkey curry and now I'm relaxing under the Hanover Square and vegging.
DSCN5534 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
have a fine Saturday night,
Michael

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Never even considered it your fault Bowen, thought never crossed my mind. But I wonder if it was really cut out? The plastic appears to be sewn OVER the old leather band??? There are two rows of stitches and the plastic is the one on top. I'm not that concerned, the hat is beautiful and I got it at a steal so having Art or Mike sew in a new band is something I'm okay with. But, if you're so worried you can just send me that new black Nutria beauty and we'll call it even. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah, that plastic type liner is underneath the leather sweatband in my Disney Exmoor.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Been missing the Polar, Matt. Great hat

Thanks Wyldkarma. The Filson will be coming out a lot for the next several months. I wore the Stetson out in the rain on my bicycle and now the crown is a soft as a bunnies tail. Might be a comment on what it's made out of. The pinch tightened up nicely.

Your new Disney looks to be a beautiful piece of felt.
DSCN5533 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
A super nice color on the Playboy, Dogman. Lovely hat.

Got home from the bike ride after a few detours. The trail is flooded in a number of areas. The river is over flood stage now. Got home and made some turkey curry and now I'm relaxing under the Hanover Square and vegging.
DSCN5534 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
have a fine Saturday night,
Michael
That Hanover is beautiful, Michael

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Desert dog

Dlaniger

Pardon the tardy recognition of Lounge wonderfulness, catching up from yesterday. Prepping for a Seminar Class at PSU and dinner out with the folks took up my Friday.

Now all is right with the world. A beautiful Mattburg. Love that liner and color combo a whole bunch.

OMG! This is such a great hat RW. That Robin Hood name is an all time favorite.

The outback/Aussie style is one that I do not have in my stable. This one is high on my list. Nice save by Mike on this one. Nice.

Great colors on this Richman Bill. Classic features from the 1950s. Great everyday hat.

I really like this "Sanford" D. Great classic lines, nice color, and that bow is so cool. I think I'll steal this idea.

Impressive brim David. You have a real sense of style young man!

Thanks, Red copy away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kickin' back now with a shot of CatDaddy moonshine. Trying to figure out this weird sweatband in my recent vtg Mr. Disney. The band is clear plastic attached to a thin leather band. Very odd??? The felt is beautiful, sooooo light and thin and shapes easily without steam. 3" brim & 4 1/2" crown

View attachment 138788 View attachment 138791 View attachment 138792 View attachment 138793 View attachment 138794 View attachment 138795
Getting to these late again today. I agree with everyone about the sweat issues on this one. I have seen these barriers under sweats on a number of hats. Usually they are all dried and flaky. At least this one seems to be intact. New sweat is in order to make this beauty whole. It is a mystery why the sweat has been cut out and not replaced. Overall rating 9/10! This will be a great vintage presentation Ken.

Just seemed like a Clearwater Hats derby day.

120c2aeb12a4a5417cc41f504aa54da5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still dig the lines of this one Jeff. I need a derby like this.

Looks to me like the sweatband is missing and what is left is a sweat barrier that used to be used in some manufacturer's sweats still attatched to the reed. Bummer, but with a new sweat will be perfectly wearable.
The Moehawk speaks the truth!

Hey everyone!
Borsalino Colombo on a breezy afternoon.

289212f0ff7536085021ef5e76b408c8.jpg
d6213ea3b551568528891f8bbd3874f7.jpg

Have a great day!