Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Panama homburg felt like the perfect pairing to dinner at a local Mexican place for my daughter’s boyfriend’s birthday

0E8B009A-1553-47B2-ADDD-EF023A86D1B4.jpeg
12851603-1BDC-4870-A7D6-B2EC9051C776.jpeg

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Panizza Oro on a very sunny Saturday with more than a touch of spring in the air.

Have a great weekend, folks.

View attachment 405452
Very nice, Steve (even if it is green;)). A bit of sunshine brings out the best in these hats.

BORSALINO Gorasgu in the color Sfingh View attachment 405457
One hat to rule them all!

Thank you, Stefan! I wore it to mitigate the pain from not buying the Tirard.
Patience, Max. Something worthy of your collection will come up, I'm sure of it.

The week in hats. It was all storms (again) but the last few days we're having a touch of spring, or at least some sunshine.

Berteil Ardoise (can handle the rain)
IMG_4017.jpg

Mallory bowler (can handle anything and needed to)
IMG_4018.jpg

Valetini Superior
IMG_4019.jpg

P&C Habig
IMG_4020.jpg

Severino
IMG_4022.jpg

Hückel Chamois
IMG_4024.jpg

FGM Bayerland velour
IMG_4026.jpg

Tonak Jota (with trimmed beard)
IMG_4029.jpg

Borsalino Celesca
IMG_4030.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The week in hats. It was all storms (again) but the last few days we're having a touch of spring, or at least some sunshine.

Berteil Ardoise (can handle the rain) View attachment 405626

Mallory bowler (can handle anything and needed to)
View attachment 405627

Valetini Superior
View attachment 405628

P&C Habig
View attachment 405629

Severino
View attachment 405630

Hückel Chamois
View attachment 405631

FGM Bayerland velour
View attachment 405632

Tonak Jota (with trimmed beard)
View attachment 405633

Borsalino Celesca
View attachment 405634
Stefan, you have made my Sunday! On Friday I took Tina out for a meal in our favourite Italian restaurant to celebrate her birthday. Last night, continuing on, we were joined by some of our friends at a pub we love, where a band was playing music from the swing era, what a great time we had. Read more here.

Logging on this morning and checking in to the: "What hat thread," I see one of the most confident Loungers wearing inspirational hats, you just made me smile. Thank you. (I was actually feeling deeply concerned about world events) but you have lifted my spirit.

The Tonak Jota, & the FGM Bayerland, I have similar bespoke hats, but the FGM has a much wider hat ribbon, it's magnificent.

I really must compliment your coat in the Severino & Hückel Chamois photos, I also admit to a tinge of envy too.
You might have realised that I had to cut & paste the word Hückel. English does not use the umlaut and if anyone wants to correct me because we use it on words like naïve and reëlection, you're wrong.

Often mistakenly called an umlaut, a diaeresis, from the Greek for, divide, consists of two dots carefully centred over the second vowel.

Stefan, you have made my Sunday! On Friday I took Tina out for a meal in our favourite Italian restaurant to celebrate her birthday. Last night, continuing on, we were joined by some of our friends at a pub we love, where a band was playing music from the swing era, what a great time we had. Read more here.

Logging on this morning and checking in to the: "What hat thread," I see one of the most confident Loungers wearing inspirational hats, you just made me smile. Thank you. (I was actually feeling deeply concerned about world events) but you have lifted my spirit.

The Tonak Jota, & the FGM Bayerland, I have similar bespoke hats, but the FGM has a much wider hat ribbon, it's magnificent.

I really must compliment your coat in the Severino & Hückel Chamois photos, I also admit to a tinge of envy too.
You might have realised that I had to cut & paste the word Hückel. English does not use the umlaut and if anyone wants to correct me because we use it on words like naïve and reëlection, you're wrong.

Often mistakenly called an umlaut, a diaeresis, from the Greek for, divide, consists of two dots carefully centred over the second vowel.
Thank you for the kind words, Robert. You're too generous, but glad I could play a small part in uplifting your spirits a bit. But before I forget, a belated but well meant "happy birthday" to Tina. Looks like you had a great time celebrating. Strange that it takes troubled times to appreciate the things we would otherwise take for granted, like nice food, good clothing, music and dancing, that much more.
I tend to buy my hats, scarves and coats in vintage clothing stores and online. Heavier cloth (which I like) and better made (which everybody likes). The brown corduroy is a favourite. Still looking for a tweed double breasted/peacoat.

Dutch doesn't have the umlaut, except on words that we've imported from the Germans. Just for the smile: there is such a thing as the metal-umlaut, which is used to give bands a more tough, teutonic image. Motörhead is the best known example, but Blue öyster cult and Mötley Crüe are others!

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the kind words, Robert. You're too generous, but glad I could play a small part in uplifting your spirits a bit. But before I forget, a belated but well meant "happy birthday" to Tina.
Je hebt een uitstekende beheersing van het Engels
I cheated Stefan, I used an internet translator, I do hope that it doesn't contain anything that it shouldn't. Compliments from Tina, she too loves your hats. She said that you look distinguished, especially after that beard trim. Women notice things like that.
I get many a compliment for the clothes that the birthday girl has made for me, so here she is, wearing a suit of her own creation.
sophia's wedding 002.JPG

Je hebt een uitstekende beheersing van het Engels
I cheated Stefan, I used an internet translator, I do hope that it doesn't contain anything that it shouldn't. Compliments from Tina, she too loves your hats. She said that you look distinguished, especially after that beard trim. Women notice things like that.
I get many a compliment for the clothes that the birthday girl has made for me, so here she is, wearing a suit of her own creation.
View attachment 405644
Be sure to thank her from me. And I must return the compliments of course: both of you are always so well dressed. The fact that Tina makes most of the clothes for both of you herself increases the admiration tenfold.
You might get there with the Dutch language with some practice, Robert, and it has its attractions. But why should you? English is such a rich language.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82