Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
No matter how good it looks, it no good going on campaign with snow coming; best to set up camp inside!
The snow was retreating when I was outside. But now the windchill is down into the single digits and I'm indoors and retired from the campaign.

Great coat, Michael. You certainly found the right hat to match despite the bite out of it. Looks like you're ready for the civil war/WWI version of the Game of Thrones. Hope you're feeling better, sir.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Thanks Steve. I think the coat is late WWII or possibly late '40s. I'm feeling somewhat better, down to a couple of pain pills a day. I fear I've become addicted to long afternoon naps.

Thanks,
Michael

Qrowin

Familiar Face
Cold, snow, rain, and ice pellets. Good day for Akubra. IMG_20181109_160205.jpg IMG_20181109_160210.jpg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Cold, snow, rain, and ice pellets. Good day for Akubra. View attachment 143880 View attachment 143881
Darn! I just don't understand how the north of the continents got populated in the first place. Didn't people notice the weather got lousier the farther north they went? If I retire in the States, it will be somewhere south of the Texas Panhandle.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Darn! I just don't understand how the north of the continents got populated in the first place. Didn't people notice the weather got lousier the farther north they went? If I retire in the States, it will be somewhere south of the Texas Panhandle.

In the winter it needs to get cold. I hate the heat and the humidity. The Pacific Northwest is calling me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Qrowin

Familiar Face

Oddly enough, in this country we consider where I live the south.

Yeah I find it looks very dark in pictures under artificial light. But once outside it lightens up nicely. In person I find it a versatile colour, not too dark or light. Works well with everything.

I recently missed a size 61 Fed IV on eBay when I hesitated because it was carbon grey. I regret that hesitation. Thanks for sharing photos of your hat and cooler weather I can only dream of.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
In the winter it needs to get cold. I hate the heat and the humidity. The Pacific Northwest is calling me.

I lived in San Diego for a year... I don't remember it ever getting hot and humid. I remember it was pretty dry. Maybe I am misremembering. Then again, I was born in Acapulco, so what you consider hot and humid might be a piece of cake for me.
Chicago did get pretty muggy sometimes.

I lived in San Diego for a year... I don't remember it ever getting hot and humid. I remember it was pretty dry. Maybe I am misremembering. Then again, I was born in Acapulco, so what you consider hot and humid might be a piece of cake for me.
Chicago did get pretty muggy sometimes.

I don’t know of any place in California where it’s really hot and humid at the same time. I’d love to retire to the US Southern states but the high humidity and heat in the summer is a deal breaker for me. The Central Coast of California would be idea except it’s in California and way too expensive to live. A small retirement house will cost me close to a million dollars and I’m a poor public servant. The cool temperate coast of Washington State has become a favorite of mine. I like the rain too so it’s a win-win. I can also wear felt year around. Win-win-win. ;)

I don’t know of any place in California where it’s really hot and humid at the same time...
Come south and spend a few summers east of Los Angeles. They're still the exception rather than the rule, but in recent years we've experienced a number of summer days with temps in the 90s and low 100s (°F) and humidity at 50% or higher. That might not compare to some locales, but it's uncomfortable enough for most of us Los Angelenos.

I can't argue the expense. I never thought I'd want to live anywhere else, but with the nitwits in Sacramento mismanaging the money they steal from us and their various attempts to steal more it just gets worse every year. If I'm ever lucky enough to retire I'd now consider doing that almost anywhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael