Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Eyeofsauron

One of the Regulars

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J. Hückel ´s Söhne "Flexible Seal Velour", later 1930s.

45719176581_21b7fed10a_b.jpg

45719210431_256d7f1db1_b.jpg

44805251725_57cdd67ebb_b.jpg

45719278901_02cebcd32e_b.jpg

44805335195_8fcf8d9a20_b.jpg

J. Hückel´s Söhne Promotional Pocket Mirror, later 1930s

44946042924_a4bcbcaef1_b.jpg

44756579485_995779490f_b.jpg
Very nice

humanshoes

One Too Many
I'm having a hard time trying to get something figured out with my newest Borsalino project. This is another one that came to me by way of a fellow Lounger. It started out as a size 7 1/8 with a 3 3/8 brim. I took it apart and reblocked it to a 7 1/4 to fit me. I lost only a smidgen of brim width and it's still pretty wide at 3 1/4 for a fedora. It's not put together yet. I'm trying out a few options to see which way I want to go with this. I can very easily trim the brim to 2 3/4 wide and have my self another nice Borsa fedora. The problem with that is that I'll lose the stitched brim edge treatment, and I hate the thought of doing that. I thought maybe going Western or trying an Adventurer look with the wider brim so I don't lose the edge treatment. Still deciding....nothing's put together yet

Adventurer
Black-Borsalino-II-Adventurer-5-B.jpg

Western
Black-Borsalino-II-Montana-3-A.jpg

Decisions. Decisions.

This is such a nice hat and I really like it. I just want to make sure I do something good with it.
I think that hat is crying out for some type of Hollywood/Poet brim treatment. You know, sort of a Johnny Depp meets Ezra Pound vibe. Sword canes, capes, and dark London alleys. Just an idea for something a little different.
Hollywood Brim.jpg
Ezra Pound.png

I'm having a hard time trying to get something figured out with my newest Borsalino project...
I feel your pain. I saw the "Adventurer" version and immediately thought, "No question--that's the look!" Then I scrolled down and saw the "Western" version, and... :confused: If it were mine I'd probably attempt something along the lines of a Gus crease if I decided on Western, but ultimately I think I'd probably stick with Adventurer.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I'm having a hard time trying to get something figured out with my newest Borsalino project. This is another one that came to me by way of a fellow Lounger. It started out as a size 7 1/8 with a 3 3/8 brim. I took it apart and reblocked it to a 7 1/4 to fit me. I lost only a smidgen of brim width and it's still pretty wide at 3 1/4 for a fedora. It's not put together yet. I'm trying out a few options to see which way I want to go with this. I can very easily trim the brim to 2 3/4 wide and have my self another nice Borsa fedora. The problem with that is that I'll lose the stitched brim edge treatment, and I hate the thought of doing that. I thought maybe going Western or trying an Adventurer look with the wider brim so I don't lose the edge treatment. Still deciding....nothing's put together yet

Adventurer

Western

Decisions. Decisions.

This is such a nice hat and I really like it. I just want to make sure I do something good with it.
Terry:
Imho every iteration you have tried works on this hat and looks good on you. I think i have this same hat and it is whatever i want it to be. I’ve done em all too because it’s just a hat waiting to be born.
So i say, heck, wear them all!! Just bend it to how you’re feeling that day and wear it. It’s all good man!
B

Adventurer

Western

Decisions. Decisions.

I like the western route. I can’t believe I’m saying this but the cattleman crease looked good to me. Maybe a mini-Gus? I’m not so big on the Montana, but go for it if you like it. As you already have a similar fedora I say keep the brim no matter which way you go. The Adventurer hat also looks nice, I just think the western looked better on you and it would be cool to have a Borsalino western. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is the truth. Also wearing a less stunning hat at tag sales works the opposite way.

I went to an estate sale a couple of months ago and bought a couple of hats. When I went to check out the lady asked if the hat I was wearing was mine (as if I was stealing it). Maybe I took the less stunning hat look too far... :rolleyes:

Eyeofsauron

One of the Regulars
I went to an estate sale a couple of months ago and bought a couple of hats. When I went to check out the lady asked if the hat I was wearing was mine (as if I was stealing it). Maybe I took the less stunning hat look too far... :rolleyes:
I guess you might have lol. The last antique market we went to, my wife bought a 18th century working flax wheel, I was told to stay in the car.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I like the western route. I can’t believe I’m saying this but the cattleman crease looked good to me. Maybe a mini-Gus? I’m not so big on the Montana, but go for it if you like it. As you already have a similar fedora I say keep the brim no matter which way you go. The Adventurer hat also looks nice, I just think the western looked better on you and it would be cool to have a Borsalino western. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you, buddy. I guess a Western Borsalino would be something that you don't see every day. I'm definitely giving thought to it. I'll get something figured out sooner or later.

Last edited:

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Went with my 2nd Stetson Vita-Felt today for services. This is a hat I got from @bond aka Scott. He had it listed in his Etsy shop finevintagefedoras.

View attachment 143357 View attachment 143358 View attachment 143359
He still has some excellent hats for sale on Etsy, and the prices are very fair. And no, I am not getting a comission for the recommendation. [emoji2]
PS. I wonder why he doesn't post them in the Classifieds here.
Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Terry:
Imho every iteration you have tried works on this hat and looks good on you. I think i have this same hat and it is whatever i want it to be. I’ve done em all too because it’s just a hat waiting to be born.
So i say, heck, wear them all!! Just bend it to how you’re feeling that day and wear it. It’s all good man!
B
Thank you, Bowen. I'll figure something out, eventually. One way or another this hat is going on my head!

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He still has some excellent hats for sale on Etsy, and the prices are very fair. And no, I am not getting a comission for the recommendation. [emoji2]
PS. I wonder why he doesn't post them in the Classifieds here.
Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
He is considered a vendor since he has a business. Vendors are not allowed to sell in the classifieds. That's why you don't see Art Fawcett, Northwest Hats etc.. in the classifieds.

At least that is my understanding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken