Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice, Moe! Those fuzzy Borsalinos are great. I have the 2016 incarnation of that same hat. The only difference is the newer ones do not have the welted edge and stitching on the brim. They are excellent winter dress hats, and the more you wear them, the better they become. The going rate for these Borsalino Peluches run between $400 to $550 depending on where you shop and who you know, so the 30-year price calculation is right on the mark. I'll post a couple and show them to you. I need to take a little time and dig through the attic and pull out some the winter stuff.

Here you go. Found a couple of pics. They always come open crown.
31c6b9030eba859b3d701abcb4722f52.jpg
a6458cfc7bcbd298d62d097394762847.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Took my daughter to our annual symphony gala/auction/fundraiser event, and wore my Tumwater. It seemed to be a hit at every table, but the only pics I got with the hat were these moody ones with the rain smattering on my car window.

a176ca4ff69e7680d4d97caf117cd2c1.jpg

d8f162d51568f60a9c516bce12729358.jpg

Very noir, Jeff.

Wormser for me today.

98e851cdb7f5b750364a38a95de9d2a7.jpg
503e4c2e8b28d81b3332824e9408f133.jpg
b93bb5aca6026e727c68a390edd5a150.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I love the longhair. That’s quite the smile you’re wearing too. ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Great picture Red! Great looking lid too, I don't know if I've seen the long hair up close before. I'll go dig in the NW thread.
Edit: found it, WOW!

Yes, I spent the evening having the stuffing hugged out of me by beautiful women! And, it was all approved/tolerated by the wife. Thanks.

Took my daughter to our annual symphony gala/auction/fundraiser event, and wore my Tumwater. It seemed to be a hit at every table, but the only pics I got with the hat were these moody ones with the rain smattering on my car window.
d8f162d51568f60a9c516bce12729358.jpg

Cool looking image Jeff. Love the tie!

Very noir, Jeff.
Wormser for me today.

98e851cdb7f5b750364a38a95de9d2a7.jpg
503e4c2e8b28d81b3332824e9408f133.jpg
b93bb5aca6026e727c68a390edd5a150.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Nice looking gray on that Wormser Jim.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
$500 is the equivalent of 3,275 Danish Kroner, which funnily enough is what I paid for a brand new Borsalino in Copenhagen a couple of years ago. So £186 for a new Borsa back in the 80s must be about right. Thank goodness for the vintage market today. We wouldn't have a quarter of our hats without it.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Nice, Moe! Those fuzzy Borsalinos are great. I have the 2016 incarnation of that same hat. The only difference is the newer ones do not have the welted edge and stitching on the brim. They are excellent winter dress hats, and the more you wear them, the better they become. The going rate for these Borsalino Peluches run between $400 to $550 depending on where you shop and who you know, so the 30-year price calculation is right on the mark. I'll post a couple and show them to you. I need to take a little time and dig through the attic and pull out some the winter stuff.
Interesting to know that a Borsalino has, for the last 30 years at least, held it's value relative to inflation.
Here you go. Found a couple of pics. They always come open crown.
31c6b9030eba859b3d701abcb4722f52.jpg
a6458cfc7bcbd298d62d097394762847.jpg

Oh, so fuzzy! :)
Want them both!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I'm having a hard time trying to get something figured out with my newest Borsalino project. This is another one that came to me by way of a fellow Lounger. It started out as a size 7 1/8 with a 3 3/8 brim. I took it apart and reblocked it to a 7 1/4 to fit me. I lost only a smidgen of brim width and it's still pretty wide at 3 1/4 for a fedora. It's not put together yet. I'm trying out a few options to see which way I want to go with this. I can very easily trim the brim to 2 3/4 wide and have my self another nice Borsa fedora. The problem with that is that I'll lose the stitched brim edge treatment, and I hate the thought of doing that. I thought maybe going Western or trying an Adventurer look with the wider brim so I don't lose the edge treatment. Still deciding....nothing's put together yet

Adventurer
Black-Borsalino-II-Adventurer-5-B.jpg

Western
Black-Borsalino-II-Montana-3-A.jpg

Decisions. Decisions.

This is such a nice hat and I really like it. I just want to make sure I do something good with it.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I'm having a hard time trying to get something figured out with my newest Borsalino project. This is another one that came to me by way of a fellow Lounger. It started out as a size 7 1/8 with a 3 3/8 brim. I took it apart and reblocked it to a 7 1/4 to fit me. I lost only a smidgen of brim width and it's still pretty wide at 3 1/4 for a fedora. It's not put together yet. I'm trying out a few options to see which way I want to go with this. I can very easily trim the brim to 2 3/4 wide and have my self another nice Borsa fedora. The problem with that is that I'll lose the stitched brim edge treatment, and I hate the thought of doing that. I thought maybe going Western or trying an Adventurer look with the wider brim so I don't lose the edge treatment. Still deciding....nothing's put together yet

Adventurer
Black-Borsalino-II-Adventurer-5-B.jpg

Western
Black-Borsalino-II-Montana-3-A.jpg

Decisions. Decisions.

This is such a nice hat and I really like it. I just want to make sure I do something good with it.
Great job on both looks, sir. Personally, I like the Adventurer. It's got a Fedora feel to it without truly being one. It seems, to me, this is the best modification for this particular Borsalino. On the other hand, it's your hat. On what occasions will you wear it? How do those occasions "dictate" how the hat should look? Whatever you decide, you're the one wearing it.
Thanks for keeping us posted on your quandries over what to do with this hat by the way. I'm looking forward to your final decision. It's such a great hat with some interesting possibilities.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I really like the rich tone of this Nutria Borso. Condors are have a wide wingspan, like this hat.

The felt looks so nice on this one Steve. Looks like that ribbon is nicely matched. I like this one!

Diana is one fine lady Stefan! Is Diana the maker or the model name? Italian?

Very nice Aussie! Love the pin.
Daniele, Mike, thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken