Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metropd

One Too Many
Hereward said:
If I saw you on the tube in London metropd it would seriously restore my faith in this benighted world and brighten my day to boot. You make a fine looking figure. Most dashing my grandfolks might have said.

Thank you for your kind words, that has to be one of the nicest things anybody has ever told me. Thank you again Kind Sir, and greetings from the Colonies.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Today's Tile...

Sporting 'The Howard.'

IMG_4206.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
PADDY said:
Sporting 'The Howard.'

IMG_4206.jpg

Is it Vintage? When is it from? Who is the maker? It looks wonderful on you. BTW I heard nothing but great things about you, especially from Doran, who speaks of you in the highest regard. I look forward to meeting you someday Paddy.

metropd

One Too Many
PADDY said:
The Brigade of Guard's tie always looks smart with a dark suit.

nickonabus.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is it in good taste for a Loyalist to wear this tie in London? It seems like such a standard I have heard it would be fine unlike some of the more specific regimental repp ties.

Hereward

One of the Regulars
The only possible problem with wearing a Guards tie in London, for someone who was never in the Guards, might be if a member of one of the regiments took offence to this. I have no idea if they would; although I know a former member of the Grenadier Guards but I haven't seen him for quite a while.

Also, we tend to make allowances for colonials (just kidding).

Hereward

One of the Regulars
By the way: if the hat you wear on the Metro is a Christy's Adventurer, I might look into getting one because I could go to one (or all) of their shops in Knightsbridge, London and take a look, and hopefull get one of the better ones they obviously can make. It looks so good on you that I live in hope a somewhat older fella like me might pull it off.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Dobbs Twenty. 50's?

Fella wearing it is in worse shape.

26525_849184370613_6233860_46417666_6110565_n.jpg

Incidentally his is a size 7. If anyone has one they are looking to get rid of in a 7 1/4 I'd be very very interested.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BobC said:
Are you bringing that green Strat to Monteagle, Mr. P? I'm very interested in seeing that one.

Bob, that one is definitely coming! I am for sure on two but still up in the air over two more......if I had a hard cover for my truck, I might just solve the problem and bring a whole load! ;) Looking at the weather forecasts, I may bring a Camp Draft or a FEDIV as well.

Great selection of hats the last couple days; there are some real beauties. I've not had time to be in the Lounge much this week, trying to finish off all the build-up so I can escape gracefully on Wednesday! Monteagle Or Bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe