Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
cybergentleman said:
i like the colors of that hat..sharp and winteresque..but dont you think a center dent would sharpen that hat even more?

Thanks, and no. You can't see it in the photo due to the lighting, but it is blocked with an optimo crown like a Panama.

RBH

Bartender
AlanC said:
VS Faulkner

img1197k.jpg
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Great seeing you Alan!

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
huzzah

AlanC said:
Thanks, and no. You can't see it in the photo due to the lighting, but it is blocked with an optimo crown like a Panama.

i was wondering if that is the case- that must be a sharp looking hat...me=jealous

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
RBH said:
Yes it is for the Tennessee Valley Authority.The photo links no longer work but here is the photo of my grandfather from 1936.

cgbrocknf7.jpg

You look great in that TVA! And with a belt and suspenders, your Grandpa seemed like a man who left nothing to chance. ;) Thanks for sharing that heirloom photo!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Yes it is for the Tennessee Valley Authority. The photo links no longer work but here is the photo of my grandfather from 1936.

Ah yes! now I get it. That's really great. :)

Tone

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
What NO thin ribbon???? [huh]
hpim5116.jpg
hpim5044.jpg

:eusa_clap That is uncanny! A trim on the sides of the brim and a switch on the ribbon...

What kind of felt is that Buckaroo made from again?

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
This is for Garrett
3887709445_9a1ef4ff8f_b.jpg

I just bought a hat with a liner logo that says 'Paris Tardan', a sweatband stamp that says the same, and another sweatband stamp that has a sweatband stamp that looks like a Borsalino stamp (in style), that also says Tardan, but also 'Casa Fundada en 1847' , along with a Mexico address. The two logos that have 'PARIS' in large letters, with 'Tardan' below in smaller font, also say 'Elegancia Distincion'.

So is this a Parisian company, or Mexican?

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Classic! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks. I have a buddy in town who is a really excellent photographer. We've been travelling around the last few days taking pictures, and this was a bar-stop.

RBH

Bartender
Tone said:
hpim5116.jpg
hpim5044.jpg

:eusa_clap That is uncanny! A trim on the sides of the brim and a switch on the ribbon...

What kind of felt is that Buckaroo made from again?
Wow Tone... did not know I took the shots in almost the same sitting.

The 'TVA' is 100% beaver.
The brim on the 'TVA' is 2 3\4 and the Adventurebilt CS is 2 5\8s.
The 'TVA' is a diamond crease and the 'CS' is a center dent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld