Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Tone said:
You're welcome, Ephraim. Your Thoroughbred is definitely in the realm of excellent proportion, IMO (and looks DARN GREAT on you, too.) Thanks for putting it on the radar. I'm going to have to keep an eye open for one of those in the future.

For me it was my usual trusty ol' Jimmy Pierce Designs Custom today.

jimmypiercecustom1.jpg

Bob, I'm trusting dinner was all that much more enjoyable in that slick new fed?

That's one sharp looking lid there Tone. I'm looking for something in those proportions in a shade of grey. I do like that colour of yours!

As for the Thoroughbred, I've just finished giving its sweat another coat of leather conditioner. The varnish (or whatever the heck it is) on the inside is crumbling to dust but the leather itself is not cracking and looks like it will become quite supple. And I do like that hat.

We need to find out some more about Thoroughbred Hats. We know they were around since 1860 (or at least that they claimed to be) and refered to rabbit as 'coney' - is that a New York term? We know they were sold by New York Hats in Los Angeles and, going by the previous owner of my lid, were probably in the upper price range. We know nothing so far about who made them or where they came from. But I'm guessing they were making lids for around a century, so something must be known about 'em somewhere.

And they're worth finding out about if mine is anything to go by.

colps

One of the Regulars
I had not heard of Jimmy Pierce,but i am still new,That hat speaks for it self!I Well have to check mister pierce out.Thanks

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane said:
Borso and I watching the sun go down........Same hat today.

R0015125_edited-1.jpg

R0015126_edited-1.jpg

Fantastic sunset, Michaelshane. We had one about like that tonight, too.

A month ago or so, that rabbitbrush would have made a nice complement to the sunset!

Guess I should add, I really like that Borso, too.

Brad

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi, thanks everybody for the comments on the homburg ensemble. For me, this is a style I can not wear as part of a casual outfit (although other people can pull that off successfully, like Goose, I can not [huh] ); to the contrary, I feel like a homburg goes better, for me, with more dressy clothes.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Tone, is that one of the Indy Seaplane-style hats? I like how it goes with that sweater for a more casual look.

Ephraim, that is one nicely looking homburg, a little more daring than usually seen, with that cherry ribbon. Persevere with it! Homburgs are a smart style to wear. Have tried it with pinched front or creased sides? It is worth to explore these.

Bob, very attractive color and felt-ribbon combo. I see you have departed from the more classic Golden Era proportions, for a change?

Sue, keeping pace with you is growing increasingly hard! Well done!

Torpedo

One Too Many
Stetson Flagship today.

DSC_0819b.jpg

I think this hat complemented well with this particular ensemble, a more sports-style combination composed of earthy colours. The hat's red-brown ribbon picks on the tie's similarly-toned stripes, too. The tie is a made in Ireland woven type; woven ties make good choices for sports or country outfits.

RBH

Bartender
Torpedo said:
Stetson Flagship today.

DSC_0819b.jpg

I think this hat complemented well with this particular ensemble, a more sports-style combination composed of earthy colours. The hat's red-brown ribbon picks on the tie's similarly-toned stripes, too. The tie is a made in Ireland woven type; woven ties make good choices for sports or country outfits.
This is more like it!
Well done! :eusa_clap

Victor67

New in Town
well well well 'morning everybody :) some serious cases of topping beauty i see around here every day. ya know, here in Portugal there's a town called São João da Madeira, up in the north, where most of the country's hat industry is stablished and i've came to the knowledge that quite a few international brands (i believe Stetson included) sometimes order certain models from there. interesting, hey??? in fact, as a curiosity, the hats in the recent gangster movie with johnny depp come from SJM. and quite beautiful they are too.
th_Foto0025.jpg

Tone

A-List Customer
Thanks all.

Torp, it's a gray fedora with a black ribbon, so...sure, I suppose you could use one for your Seaplane hat if you wanted to. This came as an open-crowned gray fedora and has been my gray fedora since long before even the Christys was popular. ;) It does transition well between dress and casual, though. Thanks.

Ephrem, and Colps, it's a great color and (unfortunately, with the troubles put upon Jimmy I'm uncertain if you can even get these anymore.) Not the color so much as the end-result that wears well without looking forced somehow. Which is why that Thoroughbred appeals to me. The dimensions look good. That color is great! I'm guessing I have to teeter between Christys and Guerra as far as that specific balance until then. Yeah, would love to hear more about where to even look for one of those Thoroughbreds.

Mario, your style of hats always seem to be just right for you, btw. Not sure I've seen one yet that doesn't somehow look like it was made specifically for you.

Interesting facts, Victor. :)

billysmom

One Too Many
Torpedo said:
Stetson Flagship today.

DSC_0819b.jpg

Wow, Torpedo! That's the epitome of dressy-casual! Perfect color and texture coordination.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Torpedo said:
Stetson Flagship today.

DSC_0819b.jpg

I like earthtones very much but I like your flagship better! Nice outfit. :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe