Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Knox Forty ......

Knox today.....

KnoxForty1.jpg
KnoxForty2.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Nothing major. A 16' fishing boat. The lake behind us is thick with bass, bluegill and perch.

Sounds like the small lakes and farm ponds I was raised on :). Needs some Channel Cats though ;) .

Campdraft is drying off. Just perfect for some brim games.

hpim1748s.jpg

hpim1749s.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Tawny Fawn Campdraft today in the rain moving my boat around.

IMG_0006.jpg

BobC, Indycop - how does Campdraft felt compare to Borsalino Allesandrias and vintage Open Roads? I'm curious because 'Everything Australian' has them in bluegrass green (3 month wait), and my money is burning a hole in my pocket. Hats Direct has the Squatter in willow green, which is also very tempting.

Scott <=== goin' green

Mr. Paladin

Torpedo said:
Today I happened to assemble a combination that I think is pretty classic... hat is a black Whippet. I do not think black hats go with everything, as it is often said, but I do believe black was the right colour in this particular instance!

Agreed! The black hat is just right with that combination. Looks great.

BobC

ScottF said:
BobC, Indycop - how does Campdraft felt compare to Borsalino Allesandrias and vintage Open Roads? I'm curious because 'Everything Australian' has them in bluegrass green (3 month wait), and my money is burning a hole in my pocket. Hats Direct has the Squatter in willow green, which is also very tempting.

Scott <=== goin' green

There is no reasonable comparison between Akubra's felt and vintage Borsos, but Akubras are good, rugged working hats. As for Open Roads, I think that depends on the quality of felt of the Open Road...maybe comparable to 3X, but nothing like 7X.

If Everything Australian is requiring a 3 month wait then they don't have the hat in stock. They will be ordering it from Akubra and sending it to you when they get it or in this case if they get it. Try Hatsdirect. If they have the hat in stock you'll get it much sooner.

High Pockets

Practically Family
ScottF said:
BobC, Indycop - how does Campdraft felt compare to Borsalino Allesandrias and vintage Open Roads?

:) Scott, I hope you don't mind me adding a little to what BobC and Indycop have to say as I know you didn't ask me,.....I have a Campdraft, several Borsalino Allesandrias and one vintage Dobbs Westward, probably from the mid 1950's, which I believe is what we call an Open Road clone.

The Campdraft looks like a copy of the Westward, and in my case even the color is almost identical,......the Campdraft, being a popular hat and not a bad one at that, unfortunately has the disadvantage of being constructed of modern felt.

The felt that was used to make my 1950's Dobbs Westward is far superior, it's smoother and a little stiffer,....the Campdraft being fuzzier and limper is not, in my opinion, as nice.

The old felt used in my Borsalino Allisandrias is even nicer than the Dobbs Westward, and is therefore, (again in my opinion), far superior to the Campdraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld