Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
Chuck Bobuck said:
Nice RBH and what Bart said. You're the reason I have a Campdraft.
But my Squatter's getting head time today.

JR_Squatter_3-3.jpg
Thank you!

I have to say I like the Squatter more and more.
That one looks great on you! Man those Akubras sure are fine hats!!!

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
RBH said:
Thank you!

I have to say I like the Squatter more and more.
That one looks great on you! Man those Akubras sure are fine hats!!!

Thanks RBH! This Squatter was my first Akubra and an eBay win to boot. Bonding with it has taken awhile, but I'm liking it more and more.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chuck Bobuck said:
Nice RBH and what Bart said. You're the reason I have a Campdraft.
But my Squatter's getting head time today.

JR_Squatter_3-3.jpg

Looks good, Chuck. Does that one come open crown or did you rebash it? I like the gray.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
BobC said:
Looks good, Chuck. Does that one come open crown or did you rebash it? I like the gray.

Thanks Bob,
This was an eBay find and it came asymmetrically crushed on one side. It had been improperly bashed and neglected. I could not detect much wear, maybe it was shoved in a box somewhere too long. The front of the crown was pretty messed up and needed some work. I wet it down and shaped it back into an open crown then re-bashed it. I recently tightened up the front crease a little.

I don't know it's history, there are no chin strap holes, but it does have a liner. I've been told the Squatters crown is very round and I found it to be a tad snug, especially when compared to my Campdraft and Fed IV in the same size 59. I've stretched it out on my knee and that helped the fit. The brim has always been asymmetrical also. I've fought with the hat a little, so it's been a labor of love. Hopefully, we'll find true happiness someday.

Squatter_1-1.jpg

Squatter_2-2-1.jpg

RBH said:
For some reason I love that hat! :D

Looks great!
Great minds think alike, they say! When I bought this in the late 80's in Ft Worth, it was the closest thing I had ever seen to by grandfather's Stetson OR. I hope the Campdraft is some in the neighborhood!
Your new one is the berries! gtd

RBH

Bartender
gtdean48 said:
Great minds think alike, they say! When I bought this in the late 80's in Ft Worth, it was the closest thing I had ever seen to by grandfather's Stetson OR. I hope the Campdraft is some in the neighborhood!
Your new one is the berries! gtd
You will love the Campdraft, TO ME ... and this is just me.... The Campdraft is better than some [most] Open Roads, I say this because you have ample crown with the Campdrfat and most OR's just dont. As all know I love a tall crown because you have something to crease and get different looks with.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Lee Waterbloc- very soft, almost no stiffener, with a sueded finish
IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

The old man- a borsalino that used to belong to Douglas

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Saks Fifth Ave. Cavanagh edge, 2" brim

Travelling by train with my wife and son. We had a three-hour stopover in Paris, enough time for lunch and a little walk around.
Here are my wife and I at the Gare du Nord train station (photo taken by our five-year-old son):
Picture086-1.jpg

Picture084-1.jpg

Outside the Gare de Lyon station. In the background you see the Coulée Verte, an elevated walkway that runs through Paris. It's lined with plants and is very nice in the summer:
Picture091-1.jpg

Under the Coulée Verte are lots of little shops with interesting window displays:
Picture095-1.jpg

Picture097-1.jpg

Picture092-1.jpg

Picture093-1.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Jaunty, that's my favorite shopping area in Paris. Those shots brought back memories. Thanks.

This wavy embossing is really interesting. I like how it works with the ship motif.
Dinerman said:
Lee Waterbloc- very soft, almost no stiffener, with a sueded finish
IMG_0676.jpg

rumblefish

One Too Many
citRon said:
Rumblefish- what L&C0 model is that? -Looks great on you, btw.

Gee, I don't know. It was an ebay grab.

White liner with Lock & Co.trade mark/Established 1759/Registered Trade Mark/Made In England.
Brown leather sweat with Lock & Co. trade mark/MADE IN ENGLAND/[previous owners initials]

Thanks!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe