Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Playboy

StetsonPB1.jpg

StetsonPB2.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Russ....

RBH said:
Bolt you and Jimmy just keep raising the bar!!!!
Both are great hats BUT Bolt, I have to SAY that is the best short brim I have seen you wear!!!!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap IT LOOKS GREAT !!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
That's because it used look like this --------->

Lids2018.jpg
Lids2019.jpg

.....but honestly, it was one pork pie bash that I didn't like the way it looked on me.

This was one of the very 1st vintage hats I purchased when I started my collection, but when I put it on I laughed my butt off because of the crown height and it sat so high on my head. I thought it looked rediculous and I'd never get used to it.
I always loved pork pies, so I thought I'd give a shot at bashing my own.

Anyway, I figured....what a waste of a beautiful hat not being worn, so I tried my best to steam that heavy crease out and just put a hand bashed Diamond crease in it. The felt on this hat is totally amazing.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Bolt and RBH.

Bolt -- I gotta tell you, the Whippet you recently posted, along with the Knox Forty, are just beautiful. I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- I think that the combination of "mourning dove tan," a black ribbon, and gold edge binding is one of the most beautiful combos in vintage hatdom. That Knox 40 looks great. Well done! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

bolthead

Thanks Jimmy.....

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- I think that the combination of "mourning dove tan," a black ribbon, and gold edge binding is one of the most beautiful combos in vintage hatdom.

I couldn't agree with you more my friend. :eusa_clap

BobC

Jimmy, the Stetson and the Dobbs both look great. That Dobbs is an absolute knockout. And Bolt, the Knox is looking very good...one of the best looking hats I've seen you wear, IMO.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

GWD

One Too Many
bolthead said:
That's because it used look like this --------->

Anyway, I figured....what a waste of a beautiful hat not being worn, so I tried my best to steam that heavy crease out and just put a hand bashed Diamond crease in it. The felt on this hat is totally amazing.

That is a great looking hat Bolt! I agree with you, The Knox I have just wreaks of quality. Jimmy, I love those Playboys...one of these days I'magoin' to find me one!

Yes, Playboys are truly special hats. They're so light it's almost unbelievable. I've yet to find anything to compare, really. Even my lightweight Borsalino foldable seems heavy in comparison.

JeffR

New in Town
Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas. I started out trying to add the photo, but I could only link to the small thumbnail on the hosting site. (I'm not sure if I can name the site; I don't want to offend the barkeep.) I'll replace the photo on my original post once I figure out how to get the larger one to show.

Irish4

Familiar Face
what do ya think

I have read somewhere that a hat should mach your facial features. Is my little fedora look ok on my mug ?or should I try a different style?wider brim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe