Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Marty M. said:
Ok, I'll bite, where was the picture taken?

At my house. The painting normally hangs in the hallway, but I had to move it to another wall, so I could get around the camera, on the tripod. (Thanks for biting, but I wasn't trying to get you to. I just thought somebody might ask if it were in the Church, so I went ahead and answered the question.) :)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
Gotta show my Support today. :D Besides, when else would I get to actually wear it? [huh]

Helmet3.jpg

PS. This is my Christmas Hat. lol
:eek: :eek: lol lol lol :D

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
bolthead, What can I say? It's you! (Is that the stingiest brim you've got?)

thunderw21, Beautiful Royal Stetson. You paired it up nicely with wide lapels. (A rule which I broke. I just don't have any lapels that wide.)

Patrick Murtha, Nice Champ Alpine. This is one case where the feather is a nice touch. (Wasn't that style feather also used on porkpies?)

Jovan, Marty M., and indycop, Thank-you all for the words of encouragement.

:)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
'20s or earlier Marshall Field Company Chicago
It has a '20s reeded sweatband, but there is also stitches from a direct to the felt sweatband on the hat, so the '20s vintage sweat could be a replacement for an even earlier one.
The hat is an odd style, very deep nap furry felt, high crown dimensional brim (wide in the front and sides, narrow in the back) It's flanged differently than either a fedora or a homburg, in the way we think of them, so the way it works best is with the brim up all around, and the front dipped, but not snapped.
IMG_4320.jpg
IMG_4512.jpg
IMG_45191.jpg
IMG_4523.jpg

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JT.....

bolthead, What can I say? It's you! (Is that the stingiest brim you've got?)

Actually, this is the Stingiest Brim that I own, at a whopping 1 1/4". :D
StingyBrim4.jpg

This is also the very first hat I ever bought....before I found this amazing forum as well. :eusa_clap Wow, how things have changed. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe