Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great look! Your photos are reminding me more and more of the Irish-American writer J.P. Donleavy (The Ginger Man).
I can live with that comparison. Thanks. I'll have to get some of his work out of the library and give it a read. Sounds up my alley.

Stylin! Love the slacks.

They are vintage Brooks Brothers "346" from the mid to late 60s. That was their value line pre factory outlet stores. In my opinion you would be hard pressed today to find trousers of wool that heavy and of that quality at any price.
P1210451 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Awesome Knox -- and a KILLER jacket!

Thanks. I really like that jacket too, but it is definitely cold weather wear, especially if bicycling. By the time I was ready to go for my ride it was too warm so I had to make it a two jacket and hat/cap day.
P1210449 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Stetson Harris Tweed Flat Cap by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I switched to a Stetson Harris Tweed flat cap and a Harris Tweed sport coat for the ride.
P1210452 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Thanks for all the likes and positive feedback.

Michael

tommyK

One Too Many
Love this bash, Anthony! Couldn't have done it better myself
e7cdff70d95b59427fe081aa30ccb55e.jpg

I'm going with Whippet Wednesday
IMG_6441_zpslmfp3bdk.jpg

IMG_6442_zpsw2hmlpwo.jpg

p.s. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get a sticker for voting!

lbgradwell

Familiar Face
I was gonna say, looks like Söder. I lived on Hornsgatan.
Is that little lunch place on Åsögatan still there? Best soup I ever had. Right be the cinema/coffee place.

And it was pretty hipster 4 years ago. :)

Yeah I moved here 4 years ago and agree. We actually call it hipster island though I'll admit it's one of the things I love about it! ;)

I don't know if I've been to the one you're referring to, there are a few in that area and I've been to so many.

I live a few blocks from Hornsgatan near Mariatorget. Its an amazing neighborhood.

I was on Duvnäsgatan near Sofia kyrka and quite close - as the crow flies - to where the Viking Line ships docked (and presumably still do)...

lbgradwell

Familiar Face
I stayed on Duvnasgatan while my apartment was being renovated, that's the quietest and most peaceful street I've ever been on!

That's quite a remarkable coincidence! It is not a long street by any means...

I lived at Duvnäsgatan 16. The second green door on the right was the entrance and I lived in the apartment directly above with the white blind in the window and the window to its left...

Duvnaumlsgatan%2016.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld