Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
A'n'A original today, "Statler" beaver...

0d8605f3-cb19-4e4f-ac07-01ec6720dbfd.jpg

69cb0f70-7bce-45f7-bdca-74b4f019f468.jpg

1916cecd-f5f2-496a-b4c2-0a94d2d2dbda.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Thanks A'n'A. You are looking pretty spot on today. And I have a serious case of hat envy. The colors on yours are great and a great match to the outfit as well.

Michael

Thanks, Michael. The felt is navy and ribbon color is a muted "plum" brown. I was originally going to use a plum colored ribbon with a deeper red/purple color. However, I already have a Dobbs Fifteen homburg with a deep red plum ribbon, so I didn't want a close copy. The Statler ribbon turned out great, because its contrast with the blue felt was truer to what I had envisioned it to be, amplifying (no pun intended ;)) the plum coloring rather than brown, but not so red that it matched my Dobbs. It's my Grail hat for sure! :)

PS - The Statler and Dobbs will probably be a good future comparison in the Side by Side thread. Hmm...

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Nice lid, AnA! Do you make a "Waldorf" too? :D

Hah!! I could; they are a customer of mine (day job). However, all of my personal hats are named after nostalgic landmarks and/or places (buildings, streets, venues, etc.) in Buffalo, NY (Hi, Alan!) from my youth or similar landmarks that influenced my family history. For instance, I've never been to a Statler hotel (long since shuttered), but my grandfather worked there in his early twenties, so I always heard great stories from my mother and grandmother.

I wasn't born in Buffalo, nor do I recall the 1 year that we lived there (I was 2), but some of my happiest moments were created there. It has the highest place in my heart, and I'm so glad the city is on a rebound. One of my dreams is to purchase the old house my grandparents lived in. Some might call it "living in the past", but I want to own a major piece of our family history to pass down to future generations. :)

Fortunately for me, there are lots of Buffalo landmarks, so I have a lot more hats to make!! :D

Hey everyone!
As always, the likes and nice comments are appreciated. As well as all the knowledgeshared.
I wanted to wear my old Adam Panama, but the wund kicked up so I chose this thrift store project instead. Not too worried if it goes for a flight compared to the other.

cb94160f34d69c270f189c9be3e381aa.jpg
d9937e841c82a49d02efc4ec1f74458c.jpg

Have a great day!
Looks good for a thrifty find. Hope the wund doesn't carry it off! I like the pug too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld