Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good Sunday morning Gents! Looks like I'll be the first to show off a lid today! But first,...

dh66, Stingies and caps are your look! You them well my friend!
Che, What a nice looking group of youngsters! All of you are donning some real classy lids! Love your collection of hats!
g.durand, Wow! What a backdrop to a fine photo! I definitely love the Grey color on your Campdraft! I'm putting that one on my wish to buy list!

Today on this chilly morning from Central Ohio I'm sporting, you guessed it, another in my collection of Open Roads...This one is a 3X...(I think I'm getting tired of silverbelly Open Roads now! ;) I need something different!)...

avf1.jpg

View attachment 6478

Last edited:
TJones, Manfred, Che, G.Durand, and Zombie - thank you sirs for the compliments about my cap.

TJones you have a perfect head to fit the OR style. Don't get rid of 'em all.

G.Durand that's a beautiful locale for a photo shoot. I like the color of your CD. What do they call that, if you don't mind?

Che those are some good looking grandkids, and they dress sharp. Must have a good influence to look up to. The NorthWest hat is killer. Looks perfect for you.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Che, Andy, TJ, GD - nice hats guys.

Che - your pics of the little guys are priceless.

TJ - what about a black OR for a change :)

Time to chill for me - our daughter is on her way back to school in Philly, wife gone to VT. Just me, the dogs, a bottle of Four Roses and my Adventurebilt

smugshot_5459035-L.jpg

Monte

Practically Family
I've been hanging behind the scenes a bit but...
Charlie, the B&W pic is really cool, old sport. BTW, that family pic was insane. Brothers of the Brim, unite!
Manfred, the Colonel has a unique brim and a cool look. Well done, my friend.
Many cool hats have been flashed around lately, men. I like it.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Che, Andy, TJ, GD - nice hats guys.

TJ - what about a black OR for a change :)

smugshot_5459035-L.jpg

Ha ha! Love it! Good one!....Noooo, noooo, noooo! No Black hats for me! I think I'm done with Silverbellies and thin ribbons too! That's mostly all I have. Although I do have a Brown 4X Resistol I sent out to have reworked. Just patiently waiting to get that one back! I would definitely swap one of my ORs for that awesome Adventurebilt you're wearing! That is one nice hat!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Charlie; Now those were some pics of the family in hats. Congrats on getting all of them to wear them for a pic. They look sharp in hats. BTW: The VS is darn sharp. That is a felt color that is a standout.

G.Durand; The Lee Coral is darn sharp, but how could you put the new VS charcoal on a shelf? It might not leave my head for weeks at a time at my house.

DH; I look forward to your posts and comments. Thanks for sharing of late. Alabama is a better place with you residing in the state, IMO.

Che; Your grandkids and you are classy looking in the pic sir. Attitude, jeans rolled, boots and caps/hats - dynamite. You must be a "happening Grandfather."

T; The Open Road dimensions and brim width look natural on you. I enjoy the OR pics you post.

David; Sounds like you have thought out a good "chill" combo. I hope your facial expression and the Adventurebilt fedora don't team up and put you in a picklle of an adventure when you aim to chip. ;) Nice hat sir!

This cool 18'F morning had me enjoying the out of doors in my vtg. Stetson Stratoliner. This brown hat I have in a crease that takes up some of the crown height. For moments when I feel like I could "style" a bit lower hat, it is dynamite.

IMG_6768-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Sunday & off to a good start everyone,
Thank you for the kind comments as I enjoy posting the kids & they do enjoy there hats & they actually try to take care of them .....

Eric, dynamite is right your Strats are one of the best collections around,
I had a "happening grandfather" he was a great pal . Thank You Amigo & Stay Warm...

David, great to wake up to you & your Adventurebilt & good to time out every once in a while. enjoy

Andy, being away from the keyboard is good & as I see you have stepped back in time the CD & duds Yes ! luv it,,,

T Jones, ok you are a-plenty in silverbelly OR's, But you can sport them fantastically your a natural & the B/W pic is too cool.
oh yea got to show these kids & most of the stuff I saved from raising my own children,, vintage built to last !

g.Durand, CD at Sears point ! good hat for the races

OK well today is Moms Birthday & im giving her the Full Package....gotta go.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B98%3C%3Dot%3E27%3A6%3D%3A65%3D87%3B%3D36%3B5%3A6578%3A34%3Bnu0mrj

Martinelli, intra:cool:

Che - fantastic hat/jacket combo! Perfect vintage Hollywood vibe.

Very nice looking Adventurebilt DJH. Enoy your "me" time, I know how hard it is to come by (at my house at least)

SBG thank you, and that is a class strat. Great crease and color. 18°, wow! It's 58 down here, the perfect temp for one of my favorite combinations,
u2uvegun.jpg

Dobbs stingy and a Pendleton.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
28r05md.jpg

Ok you have probably guessed I am NOT really wearing this Panama hat today...

Just tired of the snow and cold and decided to post one where it warm and nice outside........ ;)

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Seabass - that is fine scenery and some very impressive clothing to go along with the killer fedora.

Eric - who cares about the low crown height - that color!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Catching up from the weekend's post:

Manfred - the Oxford looks great on.

David - Lovely Mallory Ten.

Charlie - great hat, and a great set of photos.

Matt - it reminds me of English dressage hat - I wonder whether there was an Equine connection?

g.d. - fine looking Lee

TJones - Ball caps do have their place :)

Dale - that's a great looking cap.

Che - your hat looks great but you've definitely got some tough competition there :)

g.d. - the campdraft looks great, as does the scenery.

TJones - you suit the OR so well.

Andy - Nice looking camp draft. I'm torn between ordering a taupe or a silverbelly for the spring.

David - the Adventurebilt looks a fine hat for relaxing as well as adventuring.

Eric - Great looking Strat.

Che - that's a fine outfit for your Mom's birthday.

Dale - you look great in that stingy.

Matt - that's some crown on that Mallory!

OG - I though that looked less than seasonal :) No snow here (yet).

------------------

Thanks for the comments on Friday's Fed.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A chilly Saturday in a Christys' Melton 8 Piece:

Sunday. This wine red 80's Borsalino arrived Saturday (no I don't need two red hats but it was a bargain...). Got a little crushed in the post, but thought I'd give it a spin before a steam and shape:

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
This afternoon we have a new one...

On a whim, today I wandered into an antique mall nearby that I have not been to in months. And for a song, I walked out with my first Open Road. It is a 4X.

I am not particularly fond of the cattleman's crown. After a little visit to the stove for some quality time with some steam and voila! Here's what we have:

qazaqeve.jpg
2avuba8e.jpg
7everebe.jpg
uneza7an.jpg
y9ydy3ys.jpg
avy4adep.jpg
erypage7.jpg

I suspect that it will be one of my favorites.

Any opinions as to age?

Matt
- A day without a hat is like night.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Man O: I find the cap and jacket very appealing. Great pic.

MN nice find. The OR gives a stately look in your convertible. I took a que from your posts of you, fedora and a convertible. Below is a pic this afternoon of my foray to the Mall to pick-up some shoes I had re-soled. At the Mall I put the top up and snapped a pic - really I did drive with the top down! At this time it had warmed up to 32'F. This is good Dec. weather in my part of the world.

IMG_0395-M.jpg

In the Mall, waiting for my shoes to be polished and shined, I had an epiphany and got a pic with James Joyce. Darn it if Vladimir Nabokov didn't sneak into the pic. I should have expected this behavior from the author of Lolitta.

IMG_0392-M.jpg

Late add: I am waiting my turn at a local Open Mic. My bud and I need to sharpen our playing for Holiday outings. Some Bo Carter, Blind Lemon Jefferson and Tampa Red are on our playlist. My hat waits more patiently than I. BTW: Pulitzer Prize winning Dave is playing and his original songs rock.

sage-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld