Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Galt

Vendor
I too wondered "Who is John Galt?" My college-age daughter and I are the only two people we know who have actually read the book, though I'm sure there must be others. At least I'm imagining you and our own John Galt have worked your way through it (the John Galt 20 page monologue was a bit tedious...).

Kudos to you and your daughter! It is great that some parents still read with their kids, and this is an important read for young minds, regardless of where they fall on the political spectrum.

I have the Harvard Classics, Great Books of The Western World, and Collier's Junior Classics (a kind of Harvard Classics for kids that I read as a child) in my living room so the kids will have easy access to them, and I am reading the latter to them now. It is full of greek, roman, Irish, Norse, etc. mythology, literature, etc., so provides a basis for a classic education that few kids get in school now.

As for Rand's most famous novel, I find that I meet a lot more people who criticize the book than I meet who have read it.

If your daughter has not read We The Living, she may enjoy it very much - it is a largely biographical novel about the Red/White revolution and the female protagonists' flight from Russia. Kind of a Russian Anne Frank story. My own personal favorite is probably The Fountainhead, but Atlas Shrugged is a more lasting & influential book, and so topical.

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Bluegrass Whippet

smugshot_1501413-L.jpg

job

One Too Many
David, That Whippet is so nice. Great to see it again.

A little warm weather has come back so I will wear my City Sport linen cap today.

512029ea-ec7e-49aa-84c7-fdd738b1bd4e_zps8eb1a075.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
David - beautiful Whippet. I haven't seen that color before.
John- you and several others have been the inspiration for me to try out some caps.

Why do I feel just a little bit like Sean Connery in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? I realize the cap isn't quite right. But the rest?

View attachment 5650

HeyMoe

Practically Family
I have joined the ranks of the Homburg murderers:

Wearing a converted Adams Executive that I picked up on the bay for next to nothing. Not sure of the age, I suspect it to be around 50s (price tag says the hat sold for $7.50 when new!).

View attachment 5651

Great whippet DJH. Love the color.
JOB that's a nice linen cap. I need to score one myself for the hot summers down here. I almost didn't recognize you in the shades.
Orangegrad that's a superb combination. I dig the cap. Would you mind posting an up-close here or over in the cap faction thread? I really like what I can see of the pattern.
Good job on the conversion HeyMoe

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Great whippet DJH. Love the color.
JOB that's a nice linen cap. I need to score one myself for the hot summers down here. I almost didn't recognize you in the shades.
Orangegrad that's a superb combination. I dig the cap. Would you mind posting an up-close here or over in the cap faction thread? I really like what I can see of the pattern.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

+1.

Nice redo on the Hommie Moe.
Warm and rainy Halloween here in NE Ohio. Wearing a Knox Westlite with my Redbone Coonhound pin.
tnel.jpg

lsn6.jpg

Using the Friedman Front on the brim of a BSHW "Hooper" in granite with black ribbon.

Perry redbones are among my favorite breeds. Cool dog, DYNAMIC open crown again!

David, Wow, what week o' Whippets!

JOB the cap gives YOU the great look of a City Sport, sir!

Andy you have PERFECTED the look!

Coach, you and your friend are a pair that beats a Full House. Super hatband today, too!

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Enrique, nice photo and a killer ribbon on your hat!

Rob, very nice Fed!

Steve, superbe Homburg. Looks fantastic in this color!

Dale, that Cap looks great also the shape, maybe we should start a thread full photographed Caps
in different angles!

Alan, wonderful hat, looks very soft and luxurious!

John, sharp Stetson. Great looking hatband too!

Andy, nice Cap, looks great on you and nice City Sport a good brand that is sure.
You can block every cap you have with steam, fill the Cap with cloth or different material and steam it, let it get cold, then remove
the filling or block. Now, the Cap has the shape you want! I use foam material!

Sam, looks great the Fed!

Perry, your Knox looking sharp with or without pin!

Charlie, indeed, a style that looks good on you!

Moe, very nice conversion, looks fine!

John, very very nice, I love City Sport Caps!

David, gorgeous Whippet for today!

Thanks for the shout out Charlie... I did a double take - thought it was me. ;)

I've kept this hat out all summer - proud of my courage to install a sweatband in it. Apologies for the dust - it could've used a brushing before wearing. Old Stetson No.1 Quality that came my way from Landman.

103113.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld