Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stetson 10x for today (echoing Davids need for coffee)
IMG_4801.JPG

IMG_4804.JPG

Looking good everyone so far. Kudos to Robert's Knox, that's a sweet one.
J Lee Hat Co. today, I think it's a Western conversion originally, it came as a fedora from Ebay and I had Optimo clean it up a bit.
pw105.jpg

Happy Patriots Day to all!! Our local (state) holiday, now observed, it seems, to give folks the day off for the Boston Marathon, today.

Love the Tom & Jerry, Robert! You don't normally do your brims that way... why that side up? (That's what I do, but my ears are uneven in that direction by almost 3/8")

My VS dove... Looking for a new place setting, in my size.
View attachment 764
Location; Jordan's Furniture, Avon, MA. A Family-run store (amazingly creative brothers) now owned by Berkshire Hathaway.

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I know...it's too early for straw. But it's the first sunny and reasonably warm day in Cleveland in I don't know how long. Figured I'd give my new Sunbody a bit of use. I opted to upgrade the very cheap nylon ribbon with one of their leather bands, and I'm pleased with the hat so far. The crown is taller than I had anticipated - not a problem - just more hat than I had imagined.

This will be just the ticket for our trip to Orlando in late May and early June.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
What a great project and experience for them.... will the finished film be uploaded anywhere?

Thanks again for your kind words, Mark. We are still debating various options for sharing the film. The kids' first effort from last Summer was only circulated amongst their friends and families but both films will likely eventually be more widely distributed, with possible submission to a few film festivals.

Delectans, really great, iconic shots.

Thank you, Monte, and I enjoyed your wonderful, large, atmospheric portrait! Would love to see more pictures from the old hotel and depot.

Al, your shots from making the film are fantastic. What a great opportunity for everyone to get involved in this. I hope we'll get the chance to see some of the finished video.

Jeff, quite the ice storm and an unfortunately familiar sight from living in New England. The ice is always worse than snow I'd say.

Here's my little daughter and I at this years Relay For Life at Drexel University. I like the thought that my hat is back just a few miles from where it was made, about 60 years ago.

Thanks, David. Hope to be able to share the film with friends here in some way when we have it completed.

Great photo of you and your lovely daughter at Drexel. Still remember you looking at the school together a few years back. In the blink of an eye we will be seeing photos of her at her commencement.

Yes, very similar dimensions. We would have to walk on opposite sides of the street.

It's a neck workout for sure. The furry felt is ultra soft... not sure I could get it to hold a curl.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Gt, nice one!

David, you sure pick some great hats, and that Strat seals that statement... very nice!

Job, great thin ribbon! Really like background too... seems peacful.

Delectans, my friend, you have some wonderful hats! I really like that Stetson Select... any more photos of it?

Case, very nice one! I too am in the mood for some Coffee!

Robert, great brim swoop on the Knox!

Perry, conversion or not, that is one slick hat! I really like it!

Charlie, right back at ya! Great lookin' Dove, looks like it fits you like a glove!

Orange, killer Sunbody!

Alan, very nice Borsalino! That western brings a smile to my face... sweet hat!

Ecto, what a fine lookin' hat!

Bert, very fine Knox!

Today, I went with the 20's Stetson The Avenue Excellent Quality.

03112.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Justin,
I have been away a few days & have been skimming through here catching up.
First if all I love your new score ! & i caught your eairler post Brim up for che & brim down.
Man you are too cool either way , Look's Fantastic !

Bert, the Knox is a Knockout !

Alan, the Wide-Glide & all its Patina is Killer....

Everybody, Im catching up so all the hats posted up the last 4 days are Great All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had some R & R on the coast all i needed were 1 Cap (Cordova Cap) & 1 Fedora (Art-lite VS) dove....
I had a great time in Moss Landing CA !
232323232%7Ffp73477%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D36474873%3A834%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp54367%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D364748548734%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp54362%3Enu%3D3647%3E637%3E34%3B%3E273863743%3C25%3Aot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp73492%3Enu%3D3647%3E637%3E359%3E273863744%3A25%3Aot1lsi
:cool:

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Delectans, my friend, you have some wonderful hats! I really like that Stetson Select... any more photos of it?

Today, I went with the 20's Stetson The Avenue Excellent Quality.

Thanks, Justin. The old 'Standard Quality' Stetsons are marvelous and benchmark hats for the era. There are numerous photos of it scattered throughout this thread and FEDORAS AFIELD, but I have yet to post detail shots in the Pre-1940s Stetson Dress Hats thread. Will do so when I have some time to do so properly and give it the justice it deserves.

I am really enjoying seeing your 'The Avenue' in action. May I humbly suggest some three-quarter profile views from slightly above to really show off that gorgeous crown?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld