Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
hatsRme, nice photos and a sharp hat on your head, looks good on you!

For me, the second Mayser Superbe in a dark brown color!

wear241.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Back home after a weekend of traveling to gymnastics meets. I had some errands this morning and snapped a pic of my "shopping attire." My VS in dove is the hat of the moment.

IMG_4666-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Fish & Sauerkraut

Winter reluctantly reliquished its icy grip on Minnesota this first weekend of Spring. '50s Stetson Twenty "Mode Edge", 'The Sovereign', Saturday morning.

Admiring the beautiful terraria made by our friend Coco, using 19th Century museum specimen jars.

The Whitall Tatum & Co marking and the 1895 patent on the lids date some of the jars to 1895-1901.

These incredible jars, numbering over two dozen, were saved from the University Of Minnesota's Bell Museum Of Natural History. Some have markings and paper labels dating as far back as 1886. All previously contained fish specimens, many of which were collected in the early 1890s by the Minnesota Academy Of Natural Science's Menage Expedition to The Phillipine Islands and Borneo.

With fish on our minds we chose fish for supper. Bagu, Minneapolis.

Magnificent old Stetson worn with real panache by Otto, while waiting for his take-out order. He referred to his hat as an "old friend", and told me that he answers those who ask him if it is a "cowboy hat" thusly: "No, it's a way of life"! I like Otto.

Dusk on a "fin-tastic" Spring day.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Sunday morning on Summit Avenue, St. Paul. Barbisio "Lugano".

Attending one of our favorite "Rites Of Spring" at the Germanic-American Institute.

Sitting down in the parlor of the former George W. Gardner House, built in 1902, for the Germanic-American Institute's Sauerkraut Dinner.

A lovely mantel upon which to place my hat.

The fabulous sauerkraut is some of the best to be had anywhere, and we usually go through a few large bowls between the three of us. Several "secret" recipes are used, and we enjoy the subtle and not-so-subtle differences every year.

What could be more touching and sentimental than "Lili Marlene" on the accordion?

Early afternoon, and we have to rush home to host some of Ryan's friends as they continue work on their film...

...but not before a quick pit-stop at Mickey's for a short stack of their awesome blueberry pancakes.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Gt, very nice strat!

David, lookin' swell in that Playboy!

Perry, I really like that olive OR! Very sweet!

Case, what a nice lookin' hat! Great bow work on that one!

HatsRme, very nice ensemble.

Manfred, what a magnificent Mayser! Awesome hat!

Eric, great VS!

Delectans, trying to pick between the Stetson 20, and Barbisio is a task! Very nice hats you have there, and my friend, you sure do take some awesome shots!

Today, I went with the 30s Stetson Special Homburg. Trying to get as much headtime I can with this one, as it fits tighter every day. Curse my growing noggin!

01210.jpg

One Too Many
Hi, Greetings to all friends, here again, but work has been very strong, visit my mother and I got this photo with my first hat in 1958, my brother is wearing a Charro hat ¡¡
299761_1982390837823_2094209886_n_zps52c38d07.jpg
http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q743/150719541/299761_1982390837823_2094209886_n_zps52c38d07.jpg
Now, with my lovely wife ¡¡¡¡
282664_1967721031087_5881011_n_zps435fa711.jpg

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Nice hats Eric and Al.

I like Otto's attitude!

Thanks, Perry!

Delectans, is that a Jaeger LeCoultre Master series watch? Nice looking, and I have the Master Control

Exceptionally keen eye, and equally refined taste! ;) Master Ultra Thin Moon 39. I love the Master Control as well, a timeless classic.

Delectans, trying to pick between the Stetson 20, and Barbisio is a task! Very nice hats you have there, and my friend, you sure do take some awesome shots!

Today, I went with the 30s Stetson Special Homburg. Trying to get as much headtime I can with this one, as it fits tighter every day. Curse my growing noggin!

Thank you for your kind words, Justin, and a fine choice today in selecting your Stetson Special. I see that it is not just your collection that is growing by the day. lol

Hi, Greetings to all friends, here again, but work has been very strong, visit my mother and I got this photo with my first hat in 1958, my brother is wearing a Charro hat ¡¡

Now, with my lovely wife ¡¡¡¡

Wonderful hatted portraits! You were born to wear hats, my friend!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. I am back from playing acoustic blues with a buddy this evening. When looking from the stage this evening I saw a sea of illuminated apples on silver aluminum and almost every face illuminated from the glow of a computer screen. I am pleased to say that while the intended audience may have been distracted, I love the music and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

IMG_4669-M.jpg

Above is a pic before I was on stage. Listening to the sound from the stage from out front helps. This evening iwe needed the sound to be more "hot" than usual. Wearing my VS bluesmoke this evening. It did not really coordinate with my attire, but I just wanted to wear it. I tip the bluesmoke choice to the others who have recently showed their like VS's.

Best this evening, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
D-Guy; Now that is a bluesmoke hat! Yowza!

HatRme; Bluesmoke mania. Look sharp sir. Your shirt tribute prompts me to check my closet.

Case; I tip my hat to you - daper lid.

GtDean; Classy hat choice as usual.

Al; Great showcase of your weekend jaunt. It looks like a delicious time. Your pics induce the desire for some sauerkraut. Not all sauerkraut is created equal. I have memories of a particluar dish in that has me salivating when I recall that occasion. Oh yes, great hat pics sir.

Perry; I do say you have a big variety of hat models in your hat closet. Today's olive is a dynamite hat.

Justin; Very sharp lid today.

Coach; Your early hat wearing paved the way to your handsome hatted portrait with your lovely wife.

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Eric--Nice hat regardless of what you were wearing with it. I contacted Art today for what will be my first VS. As for your audience, we are in a new world. It seems that the live experience has to now be subsumed by the virtual.

I wore my Penney's Marathon today, in its day kind of a blue-collar hat. So in keeping with the hat, I gave the photo I snapped after a day's work an appropriate look of grittiness.

Marathon_zps15db960a.jpg

Al, Great sequence of photos! I am not sure where to start! Simply Fantastic!

Manfred, The Mayser Superbe looks Super!

Perry, I really like the olive color and form of your OR!

Case, Your CRM "Greta" looks fantastic brim up!

hatsRme, The contrasting ribbon and binding on VS Blue Smoke is a winner!

Eric, The photo backdrop really shows off the color and finish of your VS Blue Smoke!

Justin, Great pick with the Stetson Special Homburg!

Enrique, Super photos! You were a great hat wearer from the start! Also great pick of you and your wife!

g.durand, Your Penney's Marathon works great in black and white!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments on yesterday's Playboy. Manfred, while it wasn't sold as a lightweight hat, it has a liner, the felt is quite thin. More so than my Whippets of the same era.

Tom, nice Biltmore today.

Stratoliner (early 40's) for me on TAR Tuesday

smugshot_123032-L.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al; Great showcase of your weekend jaunt. It looks like a delicious time. Your pics induce the desire for some sauerkraut. Not all sauerkraut is created equal. I have memories of a particluar dish in that has me salivating when I recall that occasion. Oh yes, great hat pics sir.

Eric, many thanks for your kind comments. We simply have got to attend one of your gigs!

Al, Great sequence of photos! I am not sure where to start! Simply Fantastic!

I am indebted, kind Sir! :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld