Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAVIER

Practically Family
Just finished casting my vote, accompanied by my Rollable Borsalino!
photobucket-1136-1352208136012.jpg

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Headed straight from work to the polls wearing the trusty Lee Commentator, if you cant tell, she does a good job blocking the sun :cool:
IMG_2286.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Steve, nice Melone, looks sharp on you!

Alan, very exquisite Steston. You know how to wear it! looks great!

Jared, cool! Nice weather for a straw hat! You wear it well!

Jeff, looks good the Borsalino and very good on you!

David, also a Borsalino for you! Sharp Hat, Sir.

Mike, super VS, that color works with all!

Perry, nice Caxton. You look good with that!

Javier, sharp looking Borsalino.

JohnnyO, you wear it well! Nice Lee!

Tomb, good looking Mallory. looks good in that Color!

Tom, very nice CD today!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Of Automata, Caskets, And Ivy

This past weekend was a cold, dreary but immensely fulfilling one for us, capped off by a day of college campus tours with Ryan yesterday.

At the Northrup King Building in Northeast Minneapolis Saturday afternoon for the annual Art Attack. 1940s Stetson Spiral Stitch fedora.

Strolling the labrynthine Northrup King Building always reminds me of the maze Daedalus constructed for King Minos at Knossos. No Minotaur awaited us, however, only wonderful works of art and their talented creators.

Fascinating and captivating automaton by Dean Lucker, one of our favorite artists in the Twin Cities. We find Dean and his wife Ann Wood's work to be hauntingly beautiful and imbued with a deep sense of pathos.

Warming my hands with a hot Pasty from Potter's.

Bidding our artist friends at the Northrup King adieu to attend an evening of Beethoven and Shostakovich...

...Only to return again on Sunday. It takes at least two days to really take in and properly appreciate all of the art on offer. Ca. 1940s-early 1950s Millard Hirsch "Twenty-Five".

In Kimberlee Roth's studio.

We were drawn inexorably back to Dean's fabulous automata. Bass wood, pigment, and brass. Dean designs and builds the clockwork completely from scratch

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Just a few blocks away from the Northrup King Building sits one of Minneapolis' oldest buildings, the 1887 Northwestern Casket Co. building, now known as the Casket Arts Building, and home to a colony of artists and their studios.

The somber and a bit eerie, ivy-clad exterior belies the Cache of artwork that dwelled within its lofty interior. The feeble early evening light added to the atmosphere of this strangely captivating space.

Early Monday morning at the University Of Minnesota's Twin Cities campus for a prospective student information session and campus tour. Folwell Hall, 1906. 1940s Warner & Warner, New York, "Beaver Twenty".

The energy and vitality of a college campus on a busy Monday morning brought back a flood of memories for Lydia and me.

I constantly fell behind the group on the campus tour while taking photos.

We drove to Northfield, Minnesota and Carleton College in the afternoon for a similar session.

One of my favorite places, the Goodsell Observatory.

Climbing the narrow stairs up to the dome to see the 16" Brashear refractor.

Last edited:
That Beaver 20 is a great looking hat, AL. Now I want a peek at that antique refractor. Wonderful photos!
We are on a different campus each weekend this fall. I'm loving the adventure.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Cool hat, Alan.

Al, what a great looking art festival, and college campuses? That must be very exciting for you and your family! What beautiful hats you've contributed today.

Just returned from the voting precinct in my Falcon Park black cherry. I have found that after shaving and cutting my hair, I don't tend to wear the higher crowns or rolled brims nearly as much. Is it a bit overbearing?

004xoq.jpg

I still like the side view, however.

003fcy.jpg

Thanks for all of yesterdays comments! That Borso is slightly on the larger side, otherwise I do think I'd wear it more. Since I'm a man of... not much stature... I think some of the brims you all consider stingy don't appear that way on me (?).

Steve-- gotta add my compliments on the way you wear that bowler! There's another style I've actually drifted away from when my hair and beard left.

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al, fantastic photos and hats.
Did Lydia the camera? Or Ryan? It doesn't matter! Both are very talented in handling the cam!
You are looking good in the photos and that always, my friend!

Alan, It's a shame, only for one day! That's right! So a beauty hat goes every day.

Jeff, don't worry, you can wear all, wide and short, high and low with curl or not. All these styles looks good on you!

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Electricity is back up at home and work now so I can post more easily.
Thanks Chepstow and Bowlerman,

Scooter: I like the Miller too. It's one of my softest, most comfortable hats. The Carmack sits a bit higher but still fits well. My hair is growing out a bit which tends to make my smaller hats ride higher than normal.

Sunday: Stetson mode edge:
IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

Monday: Newly arrived Stetson 10x
IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG

Today: It's cold so I'm wearing my coyote fur hat:
IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1025.JPG

Status