Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I have the Fedora block too. It's too short for the Fed, otherwise I'd use it on it. The straight sided dome is great but does not work for a center-dent due to its long, oval shape.

What size do you have? I used the Medium plus and it fit good, there was about a 1/4 or less of an inch space between where the shaper ended and the hat. I wetted the hat down and then formed it over the shaper. I used my fingers to get the top to form the c-crown on the block.

Here is the Fed IV
Reblockedfed4.jpg
[/IMG]
Reblockedfed42JPG.jpg
[/IMG]

And this is the Akubra Adventurer
Akubraconversion2.jpg
[/IMG]

I also cut the brim down on the Adventurer.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
i reshaped my first sunbody hat i ever bought. I wanted something more classic inspired, so i hand shaped this design. the crown has a diamond crease. I am thinking of presenting this style to my boss on monday, he's always looking for something new. Enjoy, i know i'm really liking this classic feel this hat has now.

524476_10150785608745350_503590349_12290359_534463302_n.jpg

528172_10150785608865350_503590349_12290360_1661999835_n.jpg

526564_10150785609015350_503590349_12290363_572753169_n.jpg

374148_10150785609110350_503590349_12290365_1681012081_n.jpg

--this is our Sunbody fine palm 3 inch brim.

That Sir, is a might fine hat. You look like a true southern gentleman with that. I grew up in Houston, but I moved away probably about the time you were born.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Kirk, I have the medium, which is 23". The medium plus would be to wide. I wish they made the Fedora block about an inch taller!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Randall, Rusty and Perry, thanks so much guys for the nice comments. I really appreciate them.

Perry, that's a great Hat the Hitchhiker. Looks really good on you.

Blackthorn, wonderful photo and Hats.

Robert, that Stetson is a great Western Hat and fits you perfect.

Jason, good job done, for me, it looks perfect.

Frank, excellent Style for Sunday. Looks good on you.

Kirk, good shape on your Fed. I like it.

coble

A-List Customer
thank you very much Rocket, i'm presenting the lid design to my boss tomorrow, we will see if it becomes a new design for the shop.

You guys look splendid over this weekend. Hope you all had a great Easter.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
zetwal, randooch & Manfred: Thank you very much! The backdrop is a bit cluttered though, the wife was shootiung the pic and hadn´t that much patience. ;)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Perry, your Dobbs looks very good in combination with tie and jacket

David, fantastic looking Playboy with great color.

Strong rain today. Right weather for my Akubra.

wear58.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
WOW, I didn't log in for a couple days and I missed SO many amazing hats and pictures. Trying to catch up a bit. Great hats everyone!!

+1, and holy smokes, Josh! That is an awesome hat which perfectly complements an awesome suit. You're on fire!

Josh, great looking suit, looking good my friend

I loved that photo Josh!
Fantastic hat and suit!!

joshr.jpg

Wow, that's quite a research and find record. I would have thought you had it made for you by the way you described its cut etc. Congrats; I doubt that I could set a style standard and then look for it online. You obviously have a good eye for tailoring detail, and of course, it's topped off with yet another fine detail. I'd really like to see you standing, head to toe. Thx for candidly posting and revealing your research success!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Jeff, Coble, Rusty, and TipTop!!!

Rusty, that picture is incredible! You did an amazing job and I am so flattered. I must have watched that movie 1000 times when I was a kid. Its always been one of my favorites. Thanks so much for taking the time to do that. I showed my father and he absolutely loved it!! :yo:

TipTop, I have always wanted to have a custom suit made for me, but its just so expensive these days. If I had one made for me, I would have less money to spend on...hats. ;)
I've spent a lot of time looking at the clothes section of the Lounge and have pinpointed what I think my style is. I have always loved 20's/early 30's styling, but never really knew what to look for. After looking through the lounge for answers, I pieced the suit characteristics together and just looked for a long time until something popped up on ebay. Just another reason why the lounge is an absolutely wonderful place.

jbucklin

Practically Family
I got brave and trimmed 1/8" (or more!) off the brim of my VS chocolate "Indy" hat. Art was right in the beginning when he told me that wide brims don't go well with my face.
downsized_0409021348.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe