Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyspew

One Too Many
Rusty, love that milan.
Dreispitz, great use of a bowler.
Big_e, that a nice colour on you.

Popped to Chinatown for lunch today in an Adam Triport

5582012743_55f995407a_z.jpg

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Rusty, love that milan.
Dreispitz, great use of a bowler.
Big_e, that a nice colour on you.

Popped to Chinatown for lunch today in an Adam Triport

5582012743_55f995407a_z.jpg

Cheers! My choice in Gerrard Street has always been the Lido for Dim Sum especially on Sundays for lunch! Great Adam, btw!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Home alone today and the snow is rapidly melting so I took the doggies to our favorite local spot - Mine Falls Park in Nashua. The park includes trails by both the river and the Nashua River Canal.

The canal wasn't built for moving freight, it was built in the 1820's and provided power for the mills that were the main employers in the area at the time.

By the Nashua River
1237055265_Qput7-L.jpg

By the canal, looking towards the river
1237055252_uenGA-L.jpg

At some point, this oxbow lake was formed on a bend in the river. It is home to a lot a birds and big old turtles are seen basking on fallen trees when the weather gets warmer. The drop (35 ft or so) is what enabled the water from the canal to provide energy for the factories

By the canal. Bit blustery so you can see I'm using the wind cord on my Campdraft.
1237055280_zQb9o-L-1.jpg

Because the mills are all shut down, there is no flow through the canal so it stays frozen longer than the river. It's basically a lake that is about 3.5 miles long and 30 ft wide. I've seen people catch some pretty big fish in there in the summer.

This park is a great place for walking, running and cycling - nice that it is right in the city as well. Our two Bostons go crazy when they know we are going there!

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Wearing my deluxe quality PH straw today. Parker recently stretched this from a 7 1/8, shaped it up a bit and gave it a new sweatband for me.
29538cc0.jpg

billyspew

One Too Many
:eusa_clap

Sir, THAT is a wonderful look. Would you mind sharing the details of your sportscoat & Hat?

Thanks you all!

Dreispitz: If you want proper Dim Sum then the restaurant named London Chinatown (near the end of the road) is the best for authentic Chinese Dim Sum - it's were my wife's family always take us. Though we went to the Golden Dragon today for a change - which is where we'd normally go for dinner.

The wonderful jacket I got through Baron Kurtz here on the lounge (probably early-mid 40's). Here's some detailed pics from the classifieds listing.
The Adam is probably late 40's/early 50's. I know a few a people have Triports (I have 2 and so does JtL). Love the preformed creases on these!

Last edited:

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Thanks you all!

Dreispitz: If you want proper Dim Sum then the restaurant named London Chinatown (near the end of the road) is the best for authentic Chinese Dim Sum - it's were my wife's family always take us. Though we went to the Golden Dragon today for a change - which is where we'd normally go for dinner.

Billy, I had a look at their website. Looks pretty good! I will have a try next time.

Another chinese favorite of mine is the Mandarin Kitchen on Queensway. My recomendation: steamed scallops or other clams with soy garlic sauce, mandarin duck with thin pancakes, lobster with ginger and spring onions on homemade noodles. Gosh, it´s Sunday morning! I should catch a plane and fly over ... :cheers1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe