Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Echter Borsalino

5159985755_9a4f39d629_z.jpg

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Cavanagh back two weeks, ago in Edinburgh. Took some time to get the b&w film and the silver gelatine prints developped :)

Torpedo

One Too Many
MCarter, that Jaxxon does not look bad at all!
Rusty, GTDean, Lefty, I see great minds think alike. ;)
Mr P, great to know such prototypes are in good hands.
Bart, gorgeous colour. Have you posted detail pics of that one?

Torpedo

One Too Many
As for me, I gave a chance to my brown bowler. I think it very properly complemented the (new-for-me) plaid suit (more pics in the "What are you wearing today" thread).

DSC00897b.jpg

It is a modern production "Beaver Brand", decent enough if you accept they do not shape them as they did of yesteryear... :rolleyes:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
As for me, I gave a chance to my brown bowler. I think it very properly complemented the (new-for-me) plaid suit (more pics in the "What are you wearing today" thread).

It is a modern production "Beaver Brand", decent enough if you accept they do not shape them as they did of yesteryear... :rolleyes:
That is a superb outfit.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Now that it's cooling off I can work a few more hats into the rotation. This 1940s Borsalino is soft to the touch and pleasing to the eye. It's also very comfortable. I got this hat more than a year ago. The picture was taken by the Lounger who sold it to me. He managed to capture the color (something I haven't been able to do). Ah what luxury ... :cool:

c17308c8.jpg

Now that it's cooling off I can work a few more hats into the rotation. This 1940s Borsalino is soft to the touch and pleasing to the eye. It's also very comfortable. I got this hat more than a year ago. The picture was taken by the Lounger who sold it to me. He managed to capture the color (something I haven't been able to do). Ah what luxury ... :cool:

c17308c8.jpg

Gorgeous hat, Zetwal!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Old Echter Borsalino

5159985755_9a4f39d629_z.jpg

Thats a beautiful Borso Steve!!! That style is still my favorite, the high crown, center dent, big front pinches, 2-2 1/4 inch brim, flat front with higher flanged/curved back, and that beautiful raw edge.The only thing to make that a perfect hat in my mind would be a 2 1/8 inch ribbon. But like I said, gorgeous lid. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Last edited:
Thats a beautiful Borso Steve!!! That style is still my favorite, the high crown, center dent, big front pinches, 2-2 1/4 inch brim, flat front and higher flanged/curved back. It looks like a raw edge, is it? If it is, the only thing to make that a perfect hat in my mind would be a 2 1/8 inch ribbon. But like I said, gorgeous lid. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks! Yes it has a raw edge. The 1 inch ribbon makes the crown look even higher. If I had to name a goto hat it would probably be this one.

Robert, Wow what a fantastic Echter Borsalino!

Zetwal, Fantastic Borsalino * 2!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld