Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario, Lefty+, Dreispitz, Billyspew, GClark, Gtdean48, SaltyOR, HJ, RLK, JTL (sorry if missed anyone) all looking super! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DSC_0137.jpg

Wow, if you put that shot in black/white it could be 19th Century! Well done, Lefty :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
DSC_0137.jpg

Wow, if you put that shot in black/white it could be 19th Century! Well done, Lefty :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

4277258541_eeed0bf76b_o.jpg

Reminded me of these early Russian Autochromes. Beginning of the 20th in color: 1915 for this one but some are earlier.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I've mostly alternated between a Portis and a Batsakes Bros hat recently, but the last couple of days I went with Adam.

Yesterday, an Adam Premier Executive Flat Top with a back-bow ribbon wider than the brim! The ribbon is about 2 7/16", the brim 2 1/8".

AdamPremierExecutiveFlattopJan14201.jpg

Today an Adam Premier Quality:

AdamPremierQualityJan152010.jpg

I've not looked around this thread for a while, but man! What a lot of great hats, and great photos! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2693/4277258541_eeed0bf76b_o.jpg[/IMG]
Reminded me of these early Russian Autochromes. Beginning of the 20th in color: 1915 for this one but some are earlier.

I love that collection, but never thought I'd be likened to any part of it. Thanks. :)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
We stopped at Indigo Lake in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park on the way home to snap a few pics.

Nice photos, Lefty.

In my occasional meanderings across the Ohio Turnpike, I see the exit for the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Until recently, I never even knew it existed. Is it worth a visit?

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
No. I don't know how we got a National Park out of it. There's just one place in the whole thing that's worthwhile - Beaver Marsh. It was slated to be a Volkswagen dump in the 70s, but the beavers took over. Now, it's just a beautiful spot to see wildlife - both the animal and crazy human variety. I saw a mink, several beaver, all sorts of frogs and turtles, snakes, cranes, and all sorts of other birds in less than an hour the very first time I ever went there.

some shots from Summer

This one wasn't mine, but the guy who took it and I were hoping for an "after" photo that never materialized.
photo.jpg

a different snapper
DSC_0015.jpg

little painted turtle and frog
DSC_0020.jpg

there's a very large crane rookery nearby - hundreds of nests in just a few trees
DSC_0003.jpg

I think this was Halloween. That mess in the foreground is one of the 3 beaver lodges in walking distance. We saw a few of them that night, but it was too dark to get a shot.
DSC_0009.jpg

Mr. Paladin

Mario said:
This beautiful green Knox Premier arrived today and I'm going to give it some noggin-time at a party tonight (even though I need some sleep soon):

knox_premier_01_15_10.jpg

Mario, that is second only to your Peschel, in my opinion. Beautiful hat with great proportions, perfect color tone, crease, and wide brim! :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

Tango Yankee said:
AdamPremierExecutiveFlattopJan14201.jpg

AdamPremierQualityJan152010.jpg

I've not looked around this thread for a while, but man! What a lot of great hats, and great photos! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

You are right in the midst of them, TY; post more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld