Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billysmom

One Too Many
Portis Sterling

Dec-26.jpg

jtl and I must be on the same wavelength today ....

Here's a picture of the ribbon on mine:

Portis-Button.jpg

Sue

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
I have to agree with Bob. Cool ribbon and I'd like to see the detail on the left. No typical bow...I'm guessin.

Thanks Bob and Bart (and, of course ScottF ;)) -- more detailed shots are posted in the Portis Path thread.

Sue -- that is a great lookin' lid. Love the two-texture ribbon!

Cheers,
JtL

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jimmy, with those great hats, two posts a day are great. Both are superb but I love the ribbon on the Portis!

Congrats on the new VS, Bart. Great color and styling on that one; the almost flat brim profile looks great combined with the crown peak and lower rear crown. It looks like a million bucks on you!

Mr. Paladin

RBH said:
I was waiting for your post. Have to say I was not expecting a bowler.
But man its perfect!!!!!
You look great!
Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!

lol lol lol My wife is English and thinks the only people who can wear bowlers are London bankers in black or grey suits with silver handled umbrellas. It is the only hat she doesn't want me to wear out so I honor that request. It is my Christmas hat-the grandkids love it and the kids all expect it so it only gets Christmas Day head time. I like it!

Mr. Paladin

Boxing Day in the Paladin household...celebrated with my Stetson Colony, a son-in-law, a Talisker whisky and a Puros Indios cigar. Very pleasant!

BoxingDay2009012-1.jpg

Jabos

A-List Customer
Yes, RBH, that hat and jacket can keep you toasty! But, what about the ears!! The only thing exposed with the ole' fedora.

Mr. P, glad to hear you made it okay. We don't live THAT far apart, and neither of us get weather like this very often. The problem isn't as much the roads (I have 4WD with locking diffs!) as the Jacka**es driving too fast! Looks like you are a "cool" father-in-law. My father-in-law is a great man, responsible, smart, Godfearing, etc. But, he "don't drink, don't smoke" and I wish we could relax together like that! Are you working on making your son-in-law a fedora man? Merry Christmas all.

Mr. Paladin

Jabos said:
Yes, RBH, that hat and jacket can keep you toasty! But, what about the ears!! The only thing exposed with the ole' fedora.

Mr. P, glad to hear you made it okay. We don't live THAT far apart, and neither of us get weather like this very often. The problem isn't as much the roads (I have 4WD with locking diffs!) as the Jacka**es driving too fast! Looks like you are a "cool" father-in-law. My father-in-law is a great man, responsible, smart, Godfearing, etc. But, he "don't drink, don't smoke" and I wish we could relax together like that! Are you working on making your son-in-law a fedora man? Merry Christmas all.

He actually has two modern Stetsons; both Chathams in black and in brown. He does not wear them all the time but does consistently wear them. I'll see if I have any photos of his. I am working on the other son-in-law as well. He has no hats yet but that is under discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld