Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday Road trip about a hour northeast of me.An old drinking buddy of mine ended up in the hospital.I went to pick up his dog.Really great dog.Was under my Resistol beaver 15.Today back from Post Office,my Miller.
GSwJRui.jpg
AG0JrKy.jpg
DQ1mWjD.jpg
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Greetings Dogman et al:
Great hats! Great pics of you. Great fringe jacket to be sure!
Be well. Bowen

Thanks Mike, I'm not at my best but I try to be more presentable with a hat on the head

Thanks Matt. Tirard is a good reason to walk a little bit a find some fresh air

Thanks Stefan, I'm feeling better
Here, in French, the Tirard Freres history http://www.ville-nogent-le-rotrou.fr/sociales/74-action-humanitaire/358-secours-catholique
a short notice http://www.nogentlerotrou-tourisme.fr/data/IndeXysBibliothequeHTML/contenu/tirard.pdf
For the Tirard posters http://fr.hprints.com/mode/mode-masculine/Tirard/
Another, in French, on the history of French hats production http://www.museeduchapeau.com/upload/espace-presse/dp_la_chapellerie-2018.pdf
Daniele, thank you. Something to read up upon. Now why didn't I find these...

A Green Knox Vagabond was worn this morning on my walkabout.

i-pC6jjm9-M.jpg

This green hued late 1940's felted fedora is incredibly lightweight. It has the noticeable blocked Knox crown of the 40's and early 50's. The advertisement below shows some natty fellows sporting the hat.

i-zprQ5h3-M.jpg

Simple leather sweat is really comfortable. The unlined hat has the Knox emblem at the top of the inside crown and is in minty condition.

i-C3H9hqD-M.jpg

My challenge over the next days is to hat crease whisper. I need to sort out the crease. Most hats I do not spend a lot of time doing this as I crease them as I put them on. This hat is so supple that after the walk I had a hat that looked much diferent from either my hands or tree/brush touches. Steam should activate enough stiffeners to give a crease that will better guarentee a consistent appearance.

i-TcXsx8g-M.jpg

Ah yes, it is green. This gray/green is hard to capture in late winter sun. Cheers, I will have to wear this hat more in order to showcase it's real green.

Channeling Vagabond this morning, Eric -
It's another beauty in your impressive collection, Eric. These lightweight hats tend to loose their shape quickly (gives us a chance to fiddle about with them).

Should be a nice enough day here, before heading back to cold weather. I'm thinking I like this Pilgrim porkpie today.
DSCN9857 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9838 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9839 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Seems the right vibe to go with some '60s houndstooth
3-30-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
But I've got to admit that this Royal Stetson OR garnered a few votes too.
DSCN9869 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9864 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9863 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a great day,
Michael
Nice felt on the porkpie, Michael, but the Stetson is the winner for me!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice felt on the porkpie, Michael, but the Stetson is the winner for me!
The porkpie won out today. I liked the color play with the suit, and more importantly, I got out on my bicycle and stingy brim is king on the bike.

Been a bit under the weather the last few days, but today I was up and about again. Gave the Esby brothers lords hat a spin.

View attachment 112412 View attachment 112413
Hope you make a full recovery quickly. Great looking Esby. What a fine shape.

It may be spring break but winter isn’t done with us yet. Coldest Easter in the last 10 years.
Broke out my winter weight VS and my winter jacket.
4285915e40f96bb18d015f3c35a63102.jpg

Just because come people like inside shots
d34e97973a40f7056b342680c66b97eb.jpg

Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hang in there Johnny, only another month or so til spring. The VS today is most excellent. Great bow work.

Michael

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Should be a nice enough day here, before heading back to cold weather. I'm thinking I like this Pilgrim porkpie today.
DSCN9857 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9838 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9839 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Seems the right vibe to go with some '60s houndstooth
3-30-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
But I've got to admit that this Royal Stetson OR garnered a few votes too.
DSCN9869 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9864 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9863 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a great day,
Michael
Both are great hats. And I really love the color and texture of the Pilgrim. It reminds my of THE POLAR.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday Road trip about a hour northeast of me.An old drinking buddy of mine ended up in the hospital.I went to pick up his dog.Really great dog.Was under my Resistol beaver 15.Today back from Post Office,my Miller.
GSwJRui.jpg
AG0JrKy.jpg
DQ1mWjD.jpg
Hope everyone is having a great day.
The Resistol is one great looking hat. Kicks ass with the beard. Hope that your friend recovers quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe