Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for you! Two years ago I broke my little toe, the night before I had a day hike planned with family. My toe was purple, but not wanting to wuss out, I went on the hike. When I returned to camp that evening, all of my toes and the top of my foot were purple. I couldn't wear a western boot for six months! Take care and try to stay off of it.
Thank you Desert Dog, I appreciate the advice. Not my first time at this particular rodeo 'cause I tend to run around barefooted a lot and have mangled my toes regularly over the years, but I think I did some real damage this time since the toe is still about twice it's normal size and about one-third of my foot is still swollen and bruised despite icing it off and on all week. I must be getting more brittle as I grow older. :D

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Desert Dog, I appreciate the advice. Not my first time at this particular rodeo 'cause I tend to run around barefooted a lot and have mangled my toes regularly over the years, but I think I did some real damage this time since the toe is still about twice it's normal size and about one-third of my foot is still swollen and bruised despite icing it off and on all week. I must be getting more brittle as I grow older. :D

You might want to get that looked at. Who knows what you may have broken.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Churchill Neiman Marcus Special

df530e8db461b00e12e2fb26dc2de062.jpg

I
2ce6148b4f0f25d237ccaeb589ca8b48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful Churchill Rick
I'll go thin for this 10 degree morning. Royal Deluxe OR
DSCN8216 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN8217 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And sunshine
DSCN8221 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Off for the weekly grocery shopping in a minute.
2-1-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great pre-weekend,
Michael
great hat Michael and well dressed to boot

Thin...

089a2145670c1e43b3acd6fae4d1e46f.jpeg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
I never could follow rules very well. Just decided the homburg qualified today

Weather warming up here in the Deep South. Going to hit 64 so I rode the Big Indian to work w/ a beater in the saddlebag.
1fd55492c8be64f7e9f8fd506bdeed51.jpg
b3a55aceba9a4a93341e1a43d0790545.jpg
bb3a8bff8baf1b2ac255f0fab8e91a35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hat will do, the Indian is killer.

Last time the blue Dobbs Fifteen made an appearance, it was suggested that I give it more rake.

Done.

Me likes it.
Alot.

Speaking of Blue... I missed yesterday's fun because of undertheweatherness. I've been trying to go back and review yesterday's hats, etc... Tapatalk keeps crashing on me. It's very hurtful...

My point: do we know if Blue is a dad now? If so, do we know if Baby Blue is a boy or girl?

Thanks & have fun.

75b835c5cf439a0d4baeba7aa8a049ee.jpg
7cb7c274a35e6d50b9e8dd1726b44f35.jpg
99646296024c12f2b3b846f3b1cbae05.jpg
ddb78f8e2c9145a7f0b1eee21c521dc9.jpg
8c67ea3e2cda7e4f4130a441192a5f7f.jpg
436945762a481606ae73a258bed915b3.jpg
That beautiful Dobbs is just perfect now Matt. I have not seen a post from Blue on Facebook yet. He is probably kind of busy right now.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Yes, yesterday was one of those special days around here. Thin ribbons today, yay!

Beautiful shape and thin(?) ribbon. Very nice.

That is one beautiful Churchill, interesting liner.

Great looking shopping duds Michael. That OR is just perfect.

Nice Indian, I'm not a motorcycle person, but this one impresses me! Great looking hat too.

Whiskey is a great shade. I like this one Bob.
Thanks Mike, glad to see your thinking isn't constrained by convention.
Wellalrightythen, THIN ribbon Thursday it IS!
Formerly "TAR" Tuesday, our terminology continues to evolve...

My Stetson VitaFelt thin ribbon, from a long time ago! (1940s)
View attachment 105043 View attachment 105044 View attachment 105045 View attachment 105046 View attachment 105047
Whatever day it is Charlie that's a mighty fine Vita-felt.

Nice "thin ribbons" this morning!
Here's my favorite Mallory with a narrow ribbon.
View attachment 105048 View attachment 105049 View attachment 105050
Excellent Mallory

Today is a dang good day.1st time I was able to wear a hat when I left the house since the shingles happened.1st time I put on the western weight Resistol 5X fedora.
olxY8bK.jpg
NIHPTG8.jpg
hrRFOp7.jpg
Great Resistol Dogman, glad you're better

The Stetson Special (with a thin/thick ribbon).

176790a0814f178c77ce512b17461023.jpg

Fine thin/thick Stetson Bob

a8533adca227dcd99489cfdbf303a530.jpg

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Strat clone by Knox. My favorite thin ribbon. New overcoat, cashmere/wool blend made in Italy.

View attachment 105074 View attachment 105075
Great hat and coat Mike

For today this Stetson Ringo
20180201.jpg
I like that one Joao, fine shape and colors

Hey all!
Many thanks for all the likes and kind words on my recent posts.
This Spring-like weather needs the right hat. This ca. 1954 Whippet has got the green thing going on!

f09b6e8aefd4a08d8605c1acbb139f56.jpg
7e2868705297fefe30c3fdb69d57b919.jpg
a0a3ffef8a3666202a2c5d4df68420dc.jpg

Have a great day!