Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
What a nice color and crease! I like that a lot!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks D-d. I thought it might be in your bailiwick.

It's probably just my made in Taiwan monitor. What's your address? I'll send you some Green Spot.

Me too!
I don't think my monitor can even aspire to being made in Taiwan. And thanks for the generous offer.

Still searching for one
I'm sure one will turn up for you Joao. But it might get lost in that great collection of tall crowned hats you already have.

Thanks all,
Michael

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
It looks green in the photos, which I like, btw. I'm even thinking of having one made.

If you want a greenish Indy hat, look for the old Akubra Fed III in Mid-Brown. One of the reasons I eventually sold mine was that color's distinct greenish cast.

AKUFED4.JPG

Aside from a couple of OD jackets, I don't wear anything in the green family (and little in the tan/khaki range), so that greenish brown didn't work well for me. (The Dark Brown now used for the Fed IV has a red undertone, not green.)

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
If you want a greenish Indy hat, look for the old Akubra Fed III in Mid-Brown. One of the reasons I eventually sold mine was that color's distinct greenish cast.

View attachment 104253

Aside from a couple of OD jackets, I don't wear anything in the green family (and little in the tan/khaki range), so that greenish brown didn't work well for me. (The Dark Brown now used for the Fed IV has a red undertone, not green.)

Fed IIIs seem to be rarer than hens' teeth. Aside from the brown one I bought used 9 years ago, I have never seen another one for sale.

I have also since determined that the III is structurally too big for me in every dimension. But thanks for the idea!

I'd still probably buy one (in my size and that color) if one became available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken