Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
My son Wyatt has got his very own self made hat on this morning ;)
IMG_971.jpg

Grabbed an Australian cowboy conversion on my way out the door tonight. Ribbon and wind cord salvaged from a Resistol San Antonio I found years ago.
View attachment 83642
I like the result of that conversion, looks good on you Wes.

It had a real punch on imax. My French Grandfather was in Belgium in May 1940 (heavy artillery spotter) but did not get out via Dunkirk but on one of the last trucks across the Meuse before they blew the bridges. He only spoke once or twice about it but mentioned that Stukas were *absolutely* terrifying as it felt like they were aiming right at you personally...
These kind of stories need to be written down and kept for the younger generations to enjoy and be proud of. Every story of WWII is important to capture. This one is very interesting.

Stukas were very frightening. The sound amplified the effect.
My grandfather was a forced laborer in Berlin building said planes.

I have yet to see the movie, I have an issue with the sensational effect of some of those movies. Well, I could be terribly wrong but the trailer looks very showy.

This is coming from a woman who watches old war documentaries to relax ;)
As above, keep this important story somewhere so your kids can learn from it. Watching old war documentaries to relax, just one more endearing quality, my dear.

Hi all,
It's been a busy summer. With the kids back in school I hope to be more active on The Loung again. Hope you all had a great summer and are doing well.

This is us yesterday out and about on a beautiful day.

Simone in a hat by Esther and yours truly under a Stetson.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
Welcome back Serge! Hope you had a great summer.

Need Cofffeee!
Me too. Your hat looks chipper though!

Two 7XCBs by your two favorite loungers. ;)

1ddd4ba8d78e75247e0d1f65ecc3c37b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Don't worry Esther, we all want to be like Harv too!

Starting the dia with my Texas Hatters Cuenca subfino bowler. And then making Cuencafreckles on the deck.
a5769111d889b9d0d6435f1466ef9844.jpg

ent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great composition of this one. I do like the shape of that Cuenca Bowler. It takes a brave man to face freckles.

View attachment 83723
O'Farrell this morning.
Love the lines of the O'Farrell Bob, great to see it.

I stood in almost that exact same spot! Awesome picture! That was one of my favorite locations when I went to D.C. earlier this year! My dad and I had an absolute blast. The Udvar-Hazy is a must as she is home to one of the most famous and arguably influential aircraft in History, the Enola Gay. View attachment 83738
My dad asked me to put the hat on for this photo even though it was inside as he said it would look "cooler". Enjoy your time in DC sir!
Great photo Jer! As much as I enjoyed Udva-Hazy, it was the Air and Space Museum on the capitol mall that moved me the most. I spent most of the day choking back the tears of being in the presence of the aviation history there. My wife dutifully followed me around just shaking her head...she didn't get it.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Great photo Jer! As much as I enjoyed Udva-Hazy, it was the Air and Space Museum on the capitol mall that moved me the most. I spent most of the day choking back the tears of being in the presence of the aviation history there. My wife dutifully followed me around just shaking her head...she didn't get it.
I totally understand that overwhelming feeling of awe and respect that causes the tearing up. I have to say that I experienced that a few times myself when touring the city and museums. Particularly at the Capitol itself and really at the Manasas Battlefield Park.
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0737.JPG
IMG_0716.JPG

Last edited:
I totally understand that overwhelming feeling of awe and respect that causes the tearing up. I have to say that I experienced that a few times myself when touring the city and museums. Particularly at the Capitol itself and really at the Manasas Battlefield Park. View attachment 83742 View attachment 83743 View attachment 83744

Great shots, Jeremy. Thanks for taking us along! I especially enjoyed your son's new hat. The boy IS obviously a hat person, y'know! Give him time, and felt.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Great shots, Jeremy. Thanks for taking us along! I especially enjoyed your son's new hat. The boy IS obviously a hat person, y'know! Give him time, and felt.
Thank you very much my friend! I am sure hoping he is a hat guy! He wasn't at first but seems to have grown into enjoying having hats on. The other day he would not let us leave the house unless his daddy had a hat on too. He ran into our closet and pointed at my hats and made me pick him up so he could choose one for me :) The wife and I were both in awe that at 20 months he's capable of some of these things, lol :)

You ever get to my neck of the woods, we'll go over to the USAF Museum. Fantastic and best of all, free!

Then we can pop over to the Wright Memorial & Education center, drive across town to see the 1905 Wright flyer, and finish up by buying you lunch where their third engine (only used for testing) is located.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Thanks @sergejvandervreede ! It was a joy to see you and the girls today! Your daughter is getting taller and even more cute with every post, sir. The hat? PERFECT!!
Thanks, Charlie. She takes after her mother, I guess [emoji7] Yes, she's growing at an alarming rate. If this goes on, she'll be towering over us when she's ten [emoji1]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82