Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
At least not spilled or dripped on the hat during the heat of the moment...;)

YOWZA!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

However, excellent point there, CC! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The Bureau could use you as an operative...:D

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
A great look in your Mallory with the striped shirt and jacket. I'm sure you were quite the dapper gent in the evening!
Mario said:
After the heat of the day and the featherweight Mayser, it's the Mallory again for tonight's proceedings.

mallory_08_18_09.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
And what's wrong with a scented candle now and then, HMM??? AS long as its flame is not near the hat either...;) What's the job description for being an operative, Sir Director...

jimmy the lid said:
YOWZA!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

However, excellent point there, CC! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The Bureau could use you as an operative...:D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Finallly, an evening to relax. Wearing my midnight TonyB, the Dillinger, modeled somewhat after the movie hat, but, I know, not the right color but perhaps for me a more versatile color.

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

By the way, that's a RP VINTAGE 1992 cigar.:D

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey said:
Very nice Panama here marvelgoose, and Welcome to FL !! Btw, I love the bow tie in your avatar picture. I think more gents should try wearing bow ties...:) What does a Grade 3 mean??

They grade the closeness and quality of the weave. Above Grade 15 things get VERY pricey. I held a $2,500 hat when in the St Augustine store. The brim felt like fine linen. It took the weaver three months to make.

Thanks for the props on the bow-tie. I have a lot of them! The shot below was from an icon shoot for my humor website The Goose's Nest. That color combo prompted a gay friend who is a "stylist" up in Nashville to ask me if I was posing for a bad version of the music man. I guess I hit the comic aspects correctly!

porch.png

BobC

handlebar bart said:
Bob, I love that Tumwater lid on you. Perfect.:eusa_clap

Thanks, MS and Bart. I really love everything about TonyB's lids, the look, the feel, the fit. This one's my second, and I'm saying there are more coming.

RBH

Bartender
marvelgoose said:
They grade the closeness and quality of the weave. Above Grade 15 things get VERY pricey. I held a $2,500 hat when in the St Augustine store. The brim felt like fine linen. It took the weaver three months to make.

Thanks for the props on the bow-tie. I have a lot of them! The shot below was from an icon shoot for my humor website The Goose's Nest. That color combo prompted a gay friend who is a "stylist" up in Nashville to ask me if I was posing for a bad version of the music man. I guess I hit the comic aspects correctly!

porch.png
Cool look! :eusa_clap

BobC

Torpedo said:
A decidedly summer look for today!

DSC_0709bis.jpg

Lookin' good, Torp.

I feel something happening to me. There was a time when I didn't like the Optimo block, but it's growing on me.....FAST!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Finallly, an evening to relax. Wearing my midnight TonyB, the Dillinger, modeled somewhat after the movie hat, but, I know, not the right color but perhaps for me a more versatile color.

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

By the way, that's a RP VINTAGE 1992 cigar.:D
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Uh oh, I'm afraid that I don't have a Whippet- and I'm not certain men's fedoras are MY best look, Sir Director!

But I've got a lovely vintage satin and lace nightgown for the undercover work;).

And of course I have seven or eight (lost count) full length evening gowns and other various evening separates, long gloves and vintage furs JUST in case there is any call for formal assignments... :)

jimmy the lid said:
Apparently, it involves wearing a Whippet and doing some undercover work...:eek: :D

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the heads up Ephraim! In the local Art Deco Society group our family is members of, all of us vintage lovin' ladies wear and love our vintage furs! If those PETA gals come to bother me I'll just stomp on their bared feet with my vintage 40s heels...

Ephraim Tutt said:
Chanteuse....don't go around saying FURS - or those PETA girls will get naked again!

F....U....R....S....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe