Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey folks!
I'll play Homburg Sunday with this 1928 Dobbs.

201d085da34828c8798331e640741afa.jpg
4d7d60a39ea83379dbd2d77f34ba6aaa.jpg
bdea08eac4d85f52964239fcece4ffac.jpg
7aa734de6ac6b205389133960246edfe.jpg

Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts

Trip to Irrigon, Oregon, for a Celebration of Life. Mark was a teacher, husband, father and a great friend to many. We had a nice trip, but it was somber as well knowing Mark was gone.

Rainy and windy when we left, windy and dry in eastern Oregon, then back to rain as we approached Portland.

i-3sgtKSf-L.jpg

Seriously great carne asada at this family run joint in Hermiston.

i-sJpzmLH-L.jpg

snacks in Irrigon

i-CfHgtqr-L.jpg

What's this??? We took a chance and, surprisingly, these are not bad at all. Add some eggs over easy and it'd almost be like having chicken fried steak and eggs... almost.

i-7wdbcPf-L.jpg

Heading back home

i-MsHKpCR-L.jpg

Heading down I-84, it runs along the Columbia river

i-9WtgVW2-L.jpg

i-J9mdLg3-L.jpg

i-PWwC2Qj-L.jpg

Starting to see green vegetation again around Hood River

i-hsSFkns-L.jpg

MrsFed warming up in the car. The temp dropped 10 degreesF since we left Irrigon

i-ZhJwrhs-L.jpg

And, back into Portland, the rain and the lousy traffic.

i-t87XVDL-L.jpg
Sorry to hear about your friend, but a celebration of life is actually a good thing in times like this. We are sunny and nice here in the valley, crazy weather only an hour north. I do love the drive out the gorge. Too bad you are too early to stop for a field fresh slice of watermelon in Hermiston:). Your hat served you well on a day long journey, it's a beauty.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful conversion, very clean and classic lines. And smoooooth looking!
Thank you, Red. I appreciate that. The pictures really don't do justice to this hat. This one and the other Stagecoach conversion I did are the two favorite hats in my collection. I'm really happy with them. I have a brown Stetson in the works right now and I'm looking for a grey Resistol Stagecoach with under a 4 inch brim width to convert, if I can find one. It's cheaper to learn how to do your own conversions in the long run. With my scant and limited income I can't afford to buy custom or to compete in bidding wars on ebay. Very nice looking Homburg, btw. Great color combo on that, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken