Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
memphislawyer said:
I exchanged the black hat for a caribou color, or medium grey

Here is the new grey hat

P3100324-1.jpg

I like the Saxon; I have one and I think it's a nice little hat. While I don't think it looks bad on you, I think a hat with a taller and less tapered crown would look even better. Unfortunately it's hard to find narrower-brimmed hats with nice, full crowns.
I love the way you shape your brim; it's sort of like a Hollywood brim reproduced in a stingy--that's great "sprezzatura"!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
:) You two gentlemen make me smile over these comments. Ah, the charms of a fedora- sigh.

Mario said:
Yes, Torp, you are right, sir! I can already feel it rushing through my veins... :D

Seriously, though: I went out with the Mallory today - in the bright light of day, not in the dark of the night, mind you - and felt really good about it! :cool:

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Jauntyone said:
I like the Saxon; I have one and I think it's a nice little hat. While I don't think it looks bad on you, I think a hat with a taller and less tapered crown would look even better. Unfortunately it's hard to find narrower-brimmed hats with nice, full crowns.
I love the way you shape your brim; it's sort of like a Hollywood brim reproduced in a stingy--that's great "sprezzatura"!
:arated: I agree with Jauntyone. My first fedora was a Saxon in walnut, and I thought it looked pretty good...until I got my first Fed IV. Then the Campdraft. Then the vintage Adam from Johnnyphi...now when I go back to the Saxon, I find I can't wear the tapered crown. So, good place to start, but try a less tapered crown. And when you're ready to drop a little more cash on a fantastic fedora, you might consider Art Fawcett's Jazzman (http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/index.htm) if you want to keep a relatively small brim. Of course, the gents who earlier suggested a broader brim are right on the money, too...

Have fun!
Steve

RBH

Bartender
Torpedo said:
Although these days I wear mostly straws, today I felt like this particular attire was shouting for a felt. So, I took out my grey Strat...

Strat1b.jpg

If all goes well, tomorrow I will go to the movies - Public Enemies will be out. Mmmmh... Which hat should I select? :p
WOW!!!!
That is the best yet!
I say wear that outfit! Make them take notice!!!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
Jimmy, you have an inexhaustible reserve of fine hats! You wear them well both casually and dressy!

Many thanks, Torpedo! That outfit of yours, topped off with the Strat, is classic. I've said it before, I'll say it again -- you are one of those guys who was just born to wear a fedora! :)

Cheers,
JtL

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Damn! Now I love the crown on that one!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks!! I did it myself on an optimo block I bought from buler. :)

------------

P.S. I think the reason you have your brims down all around on your straws is because it's classic and looks very cool on you. :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
And for some reason I like the brim down all around on most of my straws.

Makes sense to me, Rusty. By definition, straws make their appearance at the time of year when protection from the sun is really vital. The turned down brim in back helps to protect from the sun -- and, it is also a darn good look! :)

Cheers,
JtL

MarkL

One of the Regulars
This outfit really rocks!!!!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Torpedo said:
Although these days I wear mostly straws, today I felt like this particular attire was shouting for a felt. So, I took out my grey Strat...

Strat1b.jpg

If all goes well, tomorrow I will go to the movies - Public Enemies will be out. Mmmmh... Which hat should I select? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82