Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J. M. Stovall said:
Mallory Ten Aircool Ventilated.

jms-7-30-09bs.jpg

Now that's a nice lid, and an unusual one. Any guesses as to its vintage?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
WOW.

I usually don't like the whip-stitched treatment on some old brims but that laced bit, in those colors, is just fantastic. What a great hat and photo. Take a bow, J.M.!

:arated:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
I have been watching the 1937 Frank Buck serial 'Jungle Menace'.
It has put me in the mood for my Classic Colonial style panama.

So... here I am in my PanamaBob/Art Fawcett Classic Colonial panama.

By the way the serial is full of great panamas, I may start a thread with some screen shots from it.

009sdu.jpg
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We decided to have dinner at Texas Roadhouse tonight, so I thought a Texas style hat was in order. I chose my Resistol San Antonio. The only other head covering I saw in the place was a New York Yankees baseball cap. :rolleyes:

IMG_1330.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
We decided to have dinner at Texas Roadhouse tonight, so I thought a Texas style hat was in order. I chose my Resistol San Antonio. The only other head covering I saw in the place was a New York Yankees baseball cap. :rolleyes:

IMG_1330.jpg

Bob, I think it's good to have one (or two or three :) ) with the cattleman's crease left in. You wear yours really, really well.

BobC

RBH said:
I have been watching the 1937 Frank Buck serial 'Jungle Menace'.
It has put me in the mood for my Classic Colonial style panama.

So... here I am in my PanamaBob/Art Fawcett Classic Colonial panama.

By the way the serial is full of great panamas, I may start a thread with some screen shots from it.

009sdu.jpg

I don't know that I've seen a thin ribbon optimo before, but I like it, especially with that shirt. There ought to be a palm tree near you somewhere.

I always thought I wouldn't like an optimo crease, but seeing yours and after holding John's in my hands I'm changing my mind. That one looks real good on you and John's on him.

BobC

HarpPlayerGene said:
Bob, I think it's good to have one (or two or three :) ) with the cattleman's crease left in. You wear yours really, really well.

Thanks, Gene. I've got this one and two late model (60's) Open Roads that still have cattleman creases. I just don't have the heart to change those old hats to what I want them to be. I still haven't hit pay dirt on an older Open Road yet, but when I do, the two I have will go up for sale.

Mr. Paladin

BobC said:

Hey Bob! Way to go!!! Love those cattleman's crease ORs....I had no idea there were Texas Road House restaurants in Illinois! :eek:

BobC

Mr. Paladin said:
Hey Bob! Way to go!!! Love those cattleman's crease ORs....I had no idea there were Texas Road House restaurants in Illinois! :eek:

Thanks, Mr. P. They're all over the place up here.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:

IMG_1330.jpg
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap No cigar?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe