Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mallory

DSCN8950-1.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Jauntyone said:
It was too hot here to-day for my VS thin-ribbon, but I wore it anyway!
Picture501-1.jpg

Very elegant. If ever you have the time, I`d love to see multiple photos of your bashes on the VS`s...close ups of the various styles you have come to make...a new thread perhaps??;) :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

Douglas and J-1--Always the dapper gentlemen!

gtd--That is a great looking hat on you; I think both you and RBH are beginning to secumb to the everpresent wide ribbon syndrome!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
yesterday's hat today...

Last night Chuck and I went with fellow BAWMHRS and friends to see "Public in Enemies" in the restored HUGE Art Deco movie palace, The Alameda theater in Alameda CA. It was built by the same people that built The Paramount theater in nearby Oakland.

I wore my vintage little red raffia straw 30s hat. This pic was taken in the theater' lobby. I had my hair set once again by the vintage stylist in SF, he purposely left the crown uncurled to work with the hat.
368584659.jpg

All the gents in the group wore vintage, sporting some awesome hats. All the other ladies were decked in vintage clothes, mine are new but vintage-inspired.
368584626.jpg

I especially like the vintage Homburg that one gentleman named Ray wore, and his incredible vintage overcoat. Here, he looks like right out of the movie, heck he shoulda been in the movie! Ray was checking on his car after we got out of the movie and missed being in the group photo!
368584678.jpg
He drove his "new" vintage car to the film, apparently he'd just gotten it, a 1939 Buick:
368584621.jpg
Another gent, Tony looked very sharp in his vintage suit and brown vintage fedora next to his 1936 Citreon that he drove to the film:
368584616.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
WOW, Carey, all those photos are amazing. The beautiful dresses, sharp suits, the setting, the hats and wheels... all just great fun to look at. Thanks for showing us how you went out to see that movie in style!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
hats from movie group...

Here's a fun pick from the movie night out of the guys' hats set on a chair at the restaurant we all went to after. Taken by FL member MissJeanavive. I love this shot; the overcoat, hats and the violin case, even the scraped up wall- too cool!
3683209722_5ddffb3a6d.jpg

DOUGLAS

Great photos chanteuseCarey. You look lovely. It appears to have been quite a lot of fun meeting up with the group all dressed in their finest.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Looks good.. but man.. thats a big hat!!!!

Thanks Rusty (and St. Ignatz and IC)!

Hmmm. Since both you and St. Ignatz commented on the size of the hat, I took out my tape measure. Sure enough, this crease probably results in the tallest dimensions of any of my lids: Front pinch at 4 7/8", highest point on the sides at 5 1/8", back of crown at 4 1/8". Brim is just a hair under 3". It's all proportional, but it is a slight bit taller, now that you mention it! :)

Cheers,
JtL

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Thanks Rusty (and St. Ignatz and IC)!

Hmmm. Since both you and St. Ignatz commented on the size of the hat, I took out my tape measure. Sure enough, this crease probably results in the tallest dimensions of any of my lids: Front pinch at 4 7/8", highest point on the sides at 5 1/8", back of crown at 4 1/8". Brim is just a hair under 3". It's all proportional, but it is a slight bit taller, now that you mention it! :)

Cheers,
JtL
I wouldn't change anything on it though, I like it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe