Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
First of all thank you from my daughter Ginevra, and mine for your kind words yesterday.
Today sun and super comfortable temperature. The coat is too heavy :rolleyes:
I continue with the felt in green or similar colors
29pq52w.jpg

Barbisio Classic
2gtp8g3.jpg

Felt is very nice as well as the color match with the ribbon
qoj347.jpg

It is a vintage Barbisio in the forms and proportions in vogue here in Italy about forty years ago
25pnxpu.jpg

Very comfortable......after the haircut it became a little large

Thank you for the appreciations regarding the Stetson Absinthe
Have a good Tuesday
Another great looking Barbisio. I really like that color combo. But I sure wish my hats got too big when I got a haircut. ha ha.

0a0d776f18c97f9b1aa46755a947d61e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Nice looking hat Bob. It looks like it's nice felt and a great color too.

The stakes are high today, everyone looking great!!
Stingy brim for me today (sorry Joao) with a thirties vibe, made from wool braid.
ce29e93da2ece8f22aa02f618e9841bf.jpg
ab7941434218c567473acc3630f3eb68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another great design Kuki. The wool braid makes a great looking hat. Works very well with the sweater and scarf too.

Hey all!
Wearing moe-riginal No.6, Winchester beaver in Navy.

eb2b3c8ca2a5e25c5634ca2cd82fcaf4.jpg
1c1ed4cf57ddaed33bb5ec5da8700b0a.jpg

Have a great day!
Nice work Moe. Are you going to be hanging out a shingle soon?

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Lots of great hats again today I see, still not enough time and energy to have a better look or comment individually I'm afraid. Quick grainy pic from me - need to remember to take photos while there's still sunlight next time. Brown borsalino in need of some TLC after being packed for travelling, but still ok to wear. Ignore the bags under my eyes, I need more sleep. Being able to spend so much time with my extended family during the holidays is a real blessing and I am grateful for it, but it can also be exhausting. Love & light to all of you.

View attachment 63747
I think it looks like both the Borsa and you held up pretty well to the rigors of travel. Glad to hear you had a nice holiday.

Michael

EstherWeis

Vendor
Hmmmmm... makes me think that some sort of photo-shopping for comparison testing might be in order.

Despite the temptation, I shall do my damndest to refrain.[/QUOTE]

How on earth does one photoshop a beard??

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Good day folks. Thanks for the hat/cap parade! I have enjoyed the hat/cap show the past few days as I have been traveling.

Back in town found me out and about early. Started the day with a Cordova Cap. The fabric of the cap is a favorite.

i-n57MXwh-M.jpg

i-jmwxW7F-M.jpg

Grilled lunch in my vtg. Stetson Homburg. The inky blue felt is very luscious to the eye. It is extremely hdd to capture in a pic.

i-5tzX7GW-M.jpg

i-5J2Rnqq-M.jpg

I am going over to a friends house to work out some acoustic guitar arrangements this afternoon. Wearing my Minnesota tuxedo and a Gannon (charcoal) for my trip.

i-pChHnCS-M.jpg

i-4rp236X-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Another great collection of hats and caps today Eric. I hope your travel was to someplace warmer than MN. I've heard it was rather nasty up there. To the northwest of you at least.

Quite an interesting Knox! You look sharp as usual today. Good to see the ground without snow up to your ankles!
Thanks Red. The hat is a nice soft velour and the color is kind of nice too. I guess it's something of their take on an alpine hat maybe.

View attachment 63739 View attachment 63737
Contemplating the number of hours I will be in a vehicle headed south soon. Ahhhhhhh. Well at least the Borsa will be with me.
May the Borsa be with you. Hope the trip goes smoothly.

Michael

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Hmmmmm... makes me think that some sort of photo-shopping for comparison testing might be in order.

Despite the temptation, I shall do my damndest to refrain.

How on earth does one photoshop a beard??[/QUOTE]
Esther... Are you challenging me? I have been exercising great restraint. In fact it has been almost grown-up like (almost...). And I bet I could figure it out. But... I won't (probably). [emoji6]

Last edited:

Celia

A-List Customer
That Borsalino fared quite well for being confined in a suitcase. Very nice.
Thanks :) The hat's almost as old as I am and has survived worse. Still, a bit of steaming wouldn't hurt...

I think it looks like both the Borsa and you held up pretty well to the rigors of travel. Glad to hear you had a nice holiday.
Michael
Thank you Michael. I'm not going back home for a while yet, the hat has yet to survive the return journey... And so do I ;)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Another great looking Barbisio. I really like that color combo. But I sure wish my hats got too big when I got a haircut. ha ha.

Another great design Kuki. The wool braid makes a great looking hat. Works very well with the sweater and scarf too.

Michael
Thx Michael! :)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful hat and colour Bob!
The whipstitching on the brim was not original to the hat I take it? And if I remember correctly you have other hats with that finish... does that add durability? In any case, beautiful hat worn with style!
Edit: DUH!! I just realized my question had been asked and answered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thx Kuki. That was added. I have 2 others with Whipstitch. It doesn't add much durability or change the way the brim falls.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

Michael

Thanks Michael!
No shingle for me, my vision issues won't let me do the quality of work that I'd be comfortable charging for.
Only I know what the stitching looks like on my work...it aint purty. Thank goodness for wide ribbons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21