Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Morning, all. Knox Madison Avenue today. Pics show I need to find a place at the office with better light.

f0f7e4424bdd147ae6ad8349e1bc9c8d.jpg
45091d905098eaedee8fe36d6d690024.jpg
I'm really enjoying all your hats and ties this week!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
What's that you say, 15 degrees? Windchill 3? And you want to go for a walk? Time to bring out the heavy guns.
P1220187 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Don't know what company made it, but it was made by good union hands.
P1220189 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
With the all important earflaps.
12-8-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And the other 20 lbs of wool and leather. Must be time to go play.

Michael
Wow, Michael, you're set for anything coming your way! What a great outfit!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Royal Stetson Deluxe!
How are you Charlie under the hat?
No matter what hat, the important thing is that you are comfortably quiet
I'm happy to see you, even if a little tired, but still able to take a selfie
Good rest and take care of your recovery
When you feel like conversing write me that I have time to respond :rolleyes:

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Making somebody use their non-dominant hand has been known to cause stuttering, for one thing. Fortunately, I've not experienced anything like that. My mom was a nurse and a smart cookie - it was never an issue. I had a kindly left-handed teacher in elementary school who patiently worked with me on my penmanship and things like tying my shoes. I view it as an advantage that I've had to adapt to a right-handed world, which enables me to better use both hands for various things. I always thight, "Hey, Jimi Hendirx and Sandy Koufax. I'm in good company!"

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
wait, what?

In my first grade class in the very early 1960s, we were mostly all lefties! So, no, they didn't try to change us. In my own immediate family only my son is a righty. Me, Mrs HRM, and both my daughters were all born right handed, but were intelligent enough to overcome it. No hand-me-down baseball gloves for my son!

So, do we have the right to redress for our grievances??? ;)

Great Scott! I'm a lefty, too. But so was my Mom and she made me learn to write correctly, and NOT follow the advice of my teachers about which way to turn my paper to write something down. My younger sister is also left handed. Before the 2 youngest were born, 50% of our family was left handed. Everyone got scholarships to college except me. I played too much in school; doubt I would have even graduated if it hadn't been for the extraordinary jazz ensemble and music program our high school had going. It's the only thing that kept me there.

Anyway, hope you feel better soon Charlie. :cool:

being a drummer I've spent most of my life trying to get my weak hand to match my dominant hand... it literally takes a lifetime to get even what I would consider close

and the whole "ambidextrous" thing.... I find that it is not nearly as common as people think it is ... not even close

I've encountered countless people ... adult students included ... who claimed to be "ambidextrous" ... but have never met someone who actually was

I find that is a term that is way overused and is a situation that is extremely rare in reality

sorry to bore you with my thoughts on ambidexterity :)

To be truly ambidextrous is a rare thing. Us lefties have a lifetime of training due to adaptation which increases the balance, though. Some things I do I actually feel better using my right hand for, but that's probably due to being forced into it by convention. If you can't write in cursive equally well, with both hands, you ain't even close.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

strange thing

I have left handed students who are better with their right hand than right handed students

leftys are unique creatures ... truly

Anthony I complete agreed with you!
I have several problems when I started the primary school because I'm more left and the nuns first and then the teachers wanted me write and design with the right hand.
Until my youthness I was able to write with both hands and for some reasons, even today, I use both hands in ordinary life.
By the way since my twenty I lost the ability to write fluently, only when I look into the photocamera I use more the left side of my body above all the left eyes, but I do not consider myself "ambidextrous" as many people said during my life.

As long as the back beat is big, I don't care what hand does it.

I am finding it increasingly interesting that so many left-handers seem to be regular posters... According to this website http://www.rightleftrightwrong.com/statistics.html (sure it could be wrong, but anyway...) only 12% of folks in North America and Western Europe are left-handed.

I'll have to let my dad know. He'll dig that.

Also, to keep it on the "What Hat Are You Wearing Today" topic, you may notice that the bow on the hat I wear today is on the LEFT side. ;)

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I am finding it increasingly interesting that so many left-handers seem to be regular posters... According to this website http://www.rightleftrightwrong.com/statistics.html (sure it could be wrong, but anyway...) only 12% of folks in North America and Western Europe are left-handed.

I'll have to let my dad know. He'll dig that.

Also, to keep it on the "What Hat Are You Wearing Today" topic, you may notice that the bow on the hat I wear today is on the LEFT side. ;)
Yes, my politics are on the right... but my bow is on the left! See! See! I em ambidextrous, papa! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld