Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Hey Blue. This has a minty green color to it. Shows up better under clear skies, but it's always kind of tough for the camera to pick up its subtleties. I'd say this photo best captures it... but even there, there is too much "bluishness" than in reality. View attachment 61912

Take it easy.

Amendment: here are another couple that capture it a bit better I think...
2fcff88e35492055d47bfd8df8275de7.jpg
b5e1652f3edcbd107b2f8a892e4e286c.jpg

Ah, roger that --- Thought it was more on the bluish side. Looks fantastic.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Thanks Daniele. And I agree about Mallory, though no amount of work I do will rescue if from the moth holes. It's my test bed for hat torturing.

I think it was that picture from a couple of weeks ago that made me ask today.

I've moved on to my second hat of the day. Cap actually,
P1220134 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
An old newsboy of unknown parentage, but it was at least conceived in a union shop. It has a bit of insulation in it and most importantly today,
P1220138 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
earflaps.
You may notice that I added another layer to my top half as well as a scarf and gloves. Now I think I'm ready to face the bitter wind.
12-6-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael

Jealous of that Norfolk! I love the dark color. Pairs nicely with that newsboy cap. All you need is a razor blade sewn into the brim and you could be a hitman from Peaky Blinders =)

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my new custom Penman into the office this morning. Pic is from last Saturday before checking out the local Goodwill store for orphan hats needing a good home. :)

My office is big, very spacious inside, which means while the heating system is blowing I get too hot, but in between times my corner of the office gets chilly. Being too lazy to stand up and grab my jacket, I just put my hat on to keep away the chill. :cool:

i-sWkLKKw-XL.jpg

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Found my old man made Ushanka from 2001 when I moved to Edmonton. Not nearly as warm as the real rabbit fir but last year the rabbit tore when I flipped the ear flaps down so I think I will have to baby it until I can afford to buy a replacement.

I still think of David Lister from Red Dwarf when I wear one of these. :D
Johnny

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Found my old man made Ushanka from 2001 when I moved to Edmonton. Not nearly as warm as the real rabbit fir but last year the rabbit tore when I flipped the ear flaps down so I think I will have to baby it until I can afford to buy a replacement.

I still think of David Lister from Red Dwarf when I wear one of these. :D
Johnny
A cool looking hat that hopefully, is warm.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
it is just not as warm as the natural fibers. The big thing is its lined with nylon type of material that cuts the wind. Much better than any tuque I have ever owned.
Johnny
Fur combined with that design is a tough combo to beat when it's cold and windy. And I imagine you see quite a bit of cold and wind at about this time of the year.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Incredible look, Michael. LOVE the shoes! YES!
Thanks 101. The shoes are England made Dr Martens. Little pulleys in the lacers, never seen anything like it. They work incredibly well.
P1220147 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Jealous of that Norfolk! I love the dark color. Pairs nicely with that newsboy cap. All you need is a razor blade sewn into the brim and you could be a hitman from Peaky Blinders =)
How do you know there isn't one already there? Actually, I've not seen that show. I see my library has the first season, but one copy is out with a hold after and the other is in for repairs. I'll have to see if I can get it before Xmas.
The Norfolk, which I've wanted for a long time, but just picked up yesterday, is a J Peterman if you are inclined to look for one.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken