Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
110416_5.jpg

Forgive the further digression into the family tree, but a footnote: All of the kids in this photo of my great grandfather's children c.1910 have passed on. But there was a sixth child born in 1914 who survives. She was born at home, two pounds at birth. Family legend has it that spent the beginning of her life in a shoebox bassinet that was kept in a dresser drawer. Here she is at 101. She turned 102 in August.

View attachment 59462

Still going strong!!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That red jacket is stunning Mike. Great ensemble.

Thanks Perry. It's my autumn version of the Aloha shirt for Friday.

Simply classic Michael. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Jeremiah. Nice hat you had here today.

Another stunning outfit! Love that jacket and stingy combo!

Thanks Red. I would like to have a hat that is that sort of olive gray with a bit more brim, but this one will do til then.

You are always over the top BUT TODAY you exceed even your best look. The red sport coat is hot to trot my man. You are Killing It.

Thanks Sonero. That is a nice combo in blue you are sporting today.

Thanks RJR

Digging the red sport coat!

Thank you sir. It's an Alexandre jacket and was a club or school blazer. One can see where the patch was removed from the breast pocket. I believe it was hand tailored as the label in the inside breast pocket is covered with various number and letter stamps which were used to denote the various tailors that worked on it so they could get paid. At least that's my understanding of the stamps.

Great, Michael! You're outfitted for the day, and what a great way to do it!

Thanks Fed. It was a good outfit for my bicycle ride and a long walk around downtown. Though I did nearly have to lose the jacket on the last leg home, it warmed up a lot.

Thanks again all,
Michael

That's a great question and I'm not sure of the answer. She has a three children and many grandchildren... I wonder if any have thought to do this. My wife and I connected our fathers, who are both WWII veterans, to an oral history project through the WWII Museum in New Orleans.
I am kind of evangelistic about capturing the stories of these folks. The value of memories passed on by our elder family members to future generations is epic. What a gift for her grand children and their children as well. The project I'm involved with at Oregon State has changed my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe