Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakers44

New in Town
Thanks everyone for the warm reception! :)
I've been lurking around these boards for the last four months or so but could never sign up. I finally thought of using my work e-mail to register. :eusa_doh:

At daizawaguy:
I feel a bit strange about saying this, kind of like I'm parading my stuff around; but I made that hat myself. I'm glad you like it! :D
There's a few flaws that don't really show up in photographs, but tend to drive me insane.
Not the best hat I own, but a good beater fedora. Which is primarily what I made it for.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
bakers44 said:
Greetings,
This is my first post here!
First off let me say that all the hats in this thread are absolutely beautiful, I wish I owned them all!!
I started wearing fedoras last July, and it's rapidly become a happy addiction. I started out with just one, and now have nine...or was it eleven?

Anyhow, here's a few pics of my latest hat that I've been wearing about recently.
It's just a simple one:
5in crown
2in raw edged brim
2in ribbon

A bigger version of my avvy.

Relaxing.
Photo1197-2.jpg
Great shot! It reminds me of the Bruce Willis "Last Man Standing" wardrobe. And welcome aboard!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Such beautiful hats gentlemen, these last couple of days...

Thanks so very much for sharing your terrific pics here! For all these years I never saw guys wearing hats like these other than in the old movies.

Okay so maybe I saw guys in cowboy hats, but that was back in my cowgirl days many,many years ago! Other than the Texas two- step, the only thing I learned from those days was that I wasn't cut out to be a cowgirl! I'd much rather wear a beaded evening gown and dance the foxtrot and rhumba instead:)

Its such a pleasure to see y'all in the fedoras, the straws, stingy brims, etcetera etcetera etcetera!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
looking very sharp, bakers44

Haven't seen the Bruce Willis movie- but you and your hat look terrific in this great B/W pic. Welcome from me too! You made your hat? Tell us more...

bakers44 said:
Thanks everyone for the warm reception! :)
I've been lurking around these boards for the last four months or so but could never sign up. I finally thought of using my work e-mail to register. :eusa_doh:

At daizawaguy:
I feel a bit strange about saying this, kind of like I'm parading my stuff around; but I made that hat myself. I'm glad you like it! :D
There's a few flaws that don't really show up in photographs, but tend to drive me insane.
Not the best hat I own, but a good beater fedora. Which is primarily what I made it for.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
very nice ensemble here Torpedo...

Really like the dark tie with the dark shirt. And that DB cord jacket- wow!

Torpedo said:
A Knox today... creased in the style of Popeye Doyle, of French Connection fame, although I usually wear it with the front snapped down - I have found it looks good with the brim turned up all around with more casual clothes, nevertheless.

DSC_0409-2.jpg

Popeye6.jpg

bakers44

New in Town
chanteuseCarey said:
Haven't seen the Bruce Willis movie- but you and your hat look terrific in this great B/W pic. Welcome from me too! You made your hat? Tell us more...

Well, thank you!
Yes I made the hat; I bought some antique blocks off Ebay and a brim flange from an antique mall around here, and voila! You have the hat!
Though I didn't use the flange for that hat, just some creative forming of the brim to get it into shape.
I really have no Idea what I'm doing yet, as that's the first hat I've made.
My dream (after I aquire more tools and such) is to open my own hattery here in St. Louis. If it ever gets off the ground, it'll be the only custom hat shop in the area that I know of. :D

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
very cool...

How creative you are, such a great dream/goal with being so young. Good for you-keep at it.

BTW, I love your tag line quote at the end of your posts. Is it your own?

bakers44 said:
Well, thank you!
Yes I made the hat; I bought some antique blocks off Ebay and a brim flange from an antique mall around here, and voila! You have the hat!

My dream (after I aquire more tools and such) is to open my own hattery here in St. Louis. If it ever gets off the ground, it'll be the only custom hat shop in the area that I know of. :D

bakers44

New in Town
haha, yes I came up with that line. That's the way I feel about it; I really think more people wish they could just break from the standard norm of a t-shirt and jeans, and wear something with a bit more class; they're just afraid to because it's not 'socially acceptable' anymore. I mean, I get guys complementing me on my hats all the time, and I'm like, 'Well, wear one if you like it!'

I'm glad you think I could actually pull this hat-making thing off! I really, really want to make a go of it.

By the way, just out of curiosity; how old do you think I am?
I won't be upset if you think I'm older than I actually am, I get that all the time anyway. :D

bakers44

New in Town
Mr. Lucky said:
Great shot! It reminds me of the Bruce Willis "Last Man Standing" wardrobe. And welcome aboard!

Yes! Thanks, that's pretty much the look I'm going for at the moment.
It's nice that someone actually put that together without me mentioning it for once! :)

Torpedo

One Too Many
Bakers44, welcome. You have made a first class entry! And with a hat you made yourself no less...
Gene, that Privateer is beautiful. I guess you presented it these days I was out of connection? I do not remember having seen it before. BTW, the photo is very good, too. I should try to have photos taken by somebody instead of my customary self-portraits...
Jaunty, I love the whole ensemble. The background suits it nicely, too!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
Stetson Royal de Luxe Open Road. This one, BTW, came with a wind string, which is not that often seen in ORs.

Nice lid, Torp. But as far as wind strings go, they are quite common on vintage ORs. ;)

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld