Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Schoble from Moooooooooooooon. Rent production tee from Ralph Lauren.
4524b1c738e36c4b68d53f1386b7613c.jpg
1b067b7a987aa3f1d20e546f5943a1b0.jpg
db8b0fcacd080302be59bd97ecbaec58.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bob Bobertos , You've got A LOT of BEAUTIES , BUT That is Always A WINNER ! ... double windsor that scarf :)rolleyes:) , I want to see your skill level ;) ... Love Love Love that Hat !

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
My backseat has a couple of jackets and a couple of hats/cap to choose from this evening when I head out to listen to some jazz music.

i-wrscDkj-M.jpg

Drove thru the night and back to pick up gymnastics equipment for the gym. I am through unloading, returning the rental truck and finally sitting down. Heavy, sweaty work had me wearing a ball cap. Not heretical for a regular fedora wearer, just practical for the situation, IMO.

i-GjwdT7R-M.jpg

Body and mind being energized by the forum today. Best, Eric -

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Thx Mr Barnes! I'm starting to really like Homburgs pinched or un but even more so when they're pinched. Heavily influenced by you and Steve.
It is great to see you enjoying and "coolifying" homburgs. I think that they too often get a bum rap and are perceived as too formal, etc. Of course... I'm a homburgocrat ("HOMBURGS FOR THE COMMON MAN!!!").

And yeah... Steve just KILLS the look. Seeing his posts (including the great historical info on the style's sporty early years) gave me the courage to start wearing them casually. Great stuff.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
It is great to see you enjoying and "coolifying" homburgs. I think that they too often get a bum rap and are perceived as too formal, etc. Of course... I'm a homburgocrat ("HOMBURGS FOR THE COMMON MAN!!!").

And yeah... Steve just KILLS the look. Seeing his posts (including the great historical info on the style's sporty early years) gave me the courage to start wearing them casually. Great stuff.
Thx. I think its this Schobels particularly thin brim binding and brown color (as well as the pinches) that adds the aire of informality.

tommyK

One Too Many
A banner day for hats, gentlemen! It really is a pleasure to check out this thread everyday

So, S4C's Resistol got me thinking of a similar color Strat I have;
2016-05-13%2013.44.34_zps1mqks1mh.jpg

2016-05-13%2013.44.40_zpsgrle2n8x.jpg

I tried a diamond crease in this, just didn't seem to want it so I listened to the felt and it told me "centerdent". This hat was one of those trainwrecks that "spiffed up" pretty good. Still a lot of life in it

Looking at 40 and Moon's glorious Open Roads has me thinking I may switch to one of those when we go out tonight

rclark

Call Me a Cab
A banner day for hats, gentlemen! It really is a pleasure to check out this thread everyday

I tried a diamond crease in this, just didn't seem to want it so I listened to the felt and it told me "centerdent". This hat was one of those trainwrecks that "spiffed up" pretty good. Still a lot of life in it

Looking at 40 and Moon's glorious Open Roads has me thinking I may switch to one of those when we go out tonight
Really love that one, Tommy! A brown or earth tone strat, OR or the like is on my wish list.

My backseat has a couple of jackets and a couple of hats/cap to choose from this evening when I head out to listen to some jazz music.

i-wrscDkj-M.jpg

Drove thru the night and back to pick up gymnastics equipment for the gym. I am through unloading, returning the rental truck and finally sitting down. Heavy, sweaty work had me wearing a ball cap. Not heretical for a regular fedora wearer, just practical for the situation, IMO.

i-GjwdT7R-M.jpg

Body and mind being energized by the forum today. Best, Eric -
Your backseat looks good in hats Eric.

Nice additions Tommy and Harv.

40Cal

One Too Many

That looks great with a center dent! I need to try that on one of mine. Excellent Tommy!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everybody!
Looking great as usual, folks! Thanks to all for the likes and nice words on recent posts.
Still felt weather here in coastal NorCal. Been so long since we have had normal weather here I almost forgot what it was like to not be parched by mid March.
Celebrating grey today, grey hat for grey skies and road unis! GO GIANTS!!

Stetson 3XBQ Mode Edge, ca.1950, aka the Big Fuzzy Bunny.
63efd01912b049ded4f182a495cab612.jpg
f27a9c5c0a60e314eb602e1f595639e3.jpg
03c90d7ba7141e449df47b05e7cb713e.jpg

No, that is NOT a Dodger blue ribbon. Boo L.A.!
Have a wonderful afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe