Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstherWeis

Vendor
My sympathy goes to my European friends. While 4° C isn't that bad to me, snow is just beyond reason at this point, Esther. I'll bet Bob's all atingle in anticipation of his new hat (I know I am, and all I get to see is a photo!).
Mark, just curious, did John Galt also mimic the brim stitching you find on Playboys?
Matt, you need to work on The Smirk.

Sorry to those still in jackets, but it's in the 60s, F, here this AM, on it's way to the low 80s. Has summer arrived? I sure hope so!

Back in my newest hat this morning, Borsalino Alessandria...

View attachment 48767 View attachment 48766
Ready for business my friend!
Looks awesome!

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Mark, just curious, did John Galt also mimic the brim stitching you find on Playboys?

Nope. This one had some issues with the brim initially, so John trimmed it a bit, experimented with a new device to replicate the flange and left it with a raw edge. It's a bit more cupped than I prefer, but the replacement sweat is top-notch and the hat fits well. I need to add that I sent the hat to him and allowed him full artistic license, so the flange curl is not wrong or against my wishes - it's what he chose to do to when bringing it back to life. It was a pretty sorry mess when he got it.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Peters Brothers Milan

52d67c730f92e5882169eef2329448e7.jpg
c66bbc56930634440746f7e2cab8d470.jpg

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
My sympathy goes to my European friends. While 4° C isn't that bad to me, snow is just beyond reason at this point, Esther
In my experience many Americans don't realize how Northern much of Europe is situated. Denmark is crossed by latitudes 55-57. That resembles Central/Northern Labrador! Holland and Belgium are a bit more Southern, but still not particularly warm. I believe you have to go as far South as Milan to end on the same latitude as NY :)

In my experience many Americans don't realize how Northern much of Europe is situated. Denmark is crossed by latitudes 55-57. That resembles Central/Northern Labrador! Holland and Belgium are a bit more Southern, but still not particularly warm. I believe you have to go as far South as Milan to end on the same latitude as NY :)

Yeah, I realize it, when I think about it, but I don't think I intuit it on a regular basis. Esther is farther north than Minneapolis, Montreal, or even Vancouver.

Peters Brothers Milan

I almost broke mine out today, David. Re worked the bash a little last night to give it some rearward rake - it worked up very easy. I'm dyin' to give it a debut!

Right you are, Joao!! A few days away, and the show continues to bring forward fantastic and fine felts and now STRAW. Another few days here, and the straws are coming!!

To start the week, a 1940's pristine, like new, and maybe never worn (much) M&K Custom Hatters of LA, in gray; forty-five year old Pendleton Board Shirt. Background: 1000 US Gallon fuel oil tank, just pulled from 60 subterranean years behind my house. What relief!! DSC04575.jpg DSC04576.jpg DSC04576a.jpg DSC04578.jpg DSC04579.jpg DSC04581.jpg

Right you are, Joao!! A few days away, and the show continues to bring forward fantastic and fine felts and now STRAW. Another few days here, and the straws are coming!!

To start the week, a 1940's pristine, like new, and maybe never worn (much) M&K Custom Hatters of LA, in gray; forty-five year old Pendleton Board Shirt. Background: 1000 US Gallon fuel oil tank, just pulled from 60 subterranean years behind my house. What relief!!

Wow! Wow, wow, wow!
Fantastic, Charlie!!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

To start the week, a 1940's pristine, like new, and maybe never worn (much) M&K Custom Hatters of LA, in gray; forty-five year old Pendleton Board Shirt. Background: 1000 US Gallon fuel oil tank, just pulled from 60 subterranean years behind my house. What relief!! View attachment 48769 View attachment 48770 View attachment 48771 View attachment 48772 View attachment 48773 View attachment 48774

damn fine hat right there

To start the week, a 1940's pristine, like new, and maybe never worn (much) M&K Custom Hatters of LA, in gray; forty-five year old Pendleton Board Shirt. Background: 1000 US Gallon fuel oil tank, just pulled from 60 subterranean years behind my house. What

What a hat, Charlie. Now I have a new favorite.

ND1SU

New in Town
Yesterday was Palm Sunday (I am Eastern Orthodox). This is what I wore.

Notes:
  1. I know the hat band is messed up. I will have to buy a new one for the hat.
  2. The bowtie was tied by hand. I had not worn a bowtie in 24 years, and back then, all I wore was pre-tied. I may have to use a collar bar next time to stabilize the positioning of the tie.
bowtie1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe