Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
another day with a black Akubra, Tablelands

CAM00542.jpg
I was going to buy one BUT it looks a lot like the cattleman and the low crown sits on top if my head, so I got a black Cobber Pedy, that just arrived, instead.

How does the Tablelands perform?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Up in the city of my birth, Baltimore, for a conference.

I'm going for a drive under the blue Dobbs Fifteen after having my brains scrambled listening to 8 hours of consumer finance law.
a83403f9656f369fd918c4371c49f51e.jpg
52e45addeffb3f256c5f327b3fba9d40.jpg

Have a great evening, everyone.
CLE conferences are brutally boring. But you are wearing a GREAT hat!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
CLE conferences are brutally boring. But you are wearing a GREAT hat!
Yes they are! And thanks, Rick.

It is nice to see Baltimore, though. We moved away from here when I was just three. One of the landmarks I still remember from that time is over my left shoulder... The Domino Sugars plant.
9abc8b262eb5d973c71d7c2d22002f91.jpg
It is long closed, but I remember the sign all lit up at night from all those years ago. And the house I lived in is still there. Not going to see it this year, but I did a couple of years ago.

Ahhhh... The nostalgia.
28f1ac84e247dadb349e8b7f5660619f.jpg

Mm25

One Too Many
I was looking at the German-Austrian hats thread and realized I hadn't worn my "October fest" hat since last september. Unfortunately, it's Swiss I belive, a Lurati, so I couldn't post it there. Just had to wear to walk the dog to make it fit here. I do love the color and velvety finish.

I was looking at the German-Austrian hats thread and realized I hadn't worn my "October fest" hat since last september. Unfortunately, it's Swiss I belive, a Lurati, so I couldn't post it there. Just had to wear to walk the dog to make it fit here. I do love the color and velvety finish.

The company was (assuming they are no longer in business) Lurati & Widmer S.A. Lugano, Switzerland.

From Kelly's Directory Of Merchants, Manufacturers And Shippers, 1964, Italian Hat Manufacturers

26379081285_df05cdce85_b.jpg

Mm25

One Too Many
The company was (assuming they are no longer in business) Lurati & Widmer S.A. Lugano, Switzerland.

From Kelly's Directory Of Merchants, Manufacturers And Shippers, 1964, Italian Hat Manufacturers

26379081285_df05cdce85_b.jpg
I looked them up a few years ago when I first found the hat. I don't remember the details, but I believe they have been out of business for a while, maybe since the seventies or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82