Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
That looks great, Anthony. Is that ribbon plum colored? It works beautifully with the deep grey felt.

if I am honest , I have no idea what color it is ... and I'm holding it in my hand as I type this
looks black.... then navy.... then a sort of eggplant ... tough to tell

Wegener "Extra" probably early to mid 1950s.

25504762641_86039a5850_c.jpg

25571329256_001b981250_c.jpg

24966969484_069efe3d03_c.jpg
Very nice Steve. I like that wider brim on you.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
if I am honest , I have no idea what color it is ... and I'm holding it in my hand as I type this
looks black.... then navy.... then a sort of eggplant ... tough to tell
Even better. I love it when different angles and light sources change a ribbon's (or hat's) appearance.

I look forward to seeing how you like the hat over time. At some point, I am going to have to try my hand at a modern hat. Borsalino is a maker that I have been considering.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Even better. I love it when different angles and light sources change a ribbon's (or hat's) appearance.

I look forward to seeing how you like the hat over time. At some point, I am going to have to try my hand at a modern hat. Borsalino is a maker that I have been considering.

I love the hat ... really love it
I went into Bencraft expecting to walk out empty handed based on what I read about these or maybe switch gears and get a cheap straw for summer... but as soon as I started to handle these hats I kinda fell in love to be honest ...
not sure if I should admit this ... but I'm going back to get another one :eek:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Hope your tests come out well!
Very kind of you to comment, much appreciated. I'm fine. One small bonus from an earlier problem in life. At 28 I was prescribed mildly short sighted and needed glasses for distance, used to push them up for reading. The optician told me that in later life, the minute body shrinkage would bring my eyesight back into focus without the specs. He was right, but now I need them to read. Yesterday I rattled of the tiny letters on the bottom row of the reading chart without spectacles, the doctor had to take a couple of paces towards to the chart to check. I didn't have the cheek to offer him my reading glasses.
The frost outside must be seriously cold, my cat stepped out, shivered, turned around and came back in. After yesterday's collar and tie something to encourage warmer weather. I'm forever hopeful.
floral 003.JPG

Hal

Practically Family
...After yesterday's collar and tie something to encourage warmer weather. I'm forever hopeful.
No, please DON'T encourage warmer weather, because
(a) we had such a ridiculously mild winter - with all the rain that goes with that - until a month ago
(b) thermal comfort can be regulated by clothing much more easily at lower temperatures
(c) the clothes of the colder seasons are far more interesting, smarter and satisfying to wear.
I suspect I have Edward with me here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe