Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
The weekend is off to a great start, everyone!

Moon, thanks for the kudos, I think you've made that bash your own!
Sorry to hear about Panadora checking out, hopefully not for good. I've done it myself a couple of times, keep coming back.
2dd666ff-af00-40ca-98f0-646dd59243ce_zps6spimyxe.jpg

As my wife Terri and I are traveling the northern tier of North Carolina checking out neighborhoods and open houses we stopped into one of my favorite vices we chanced upon in Burlington, NC.

Stetson Sovereign Twenty on this journey

Ahh, Krispy Kreme....a fine NC tradition.

The weekend is off to a great start, everyone!

Moon, thanks for the kudos, I think you've made that bash your own!
Sorry to hear about Panadora checking out, hopefully not for good. I've done it myself a couple of times, keep coming back.
2dd666ff-af00-40ca-98f0-646dd59243ce_zps6spimyxe.jpg

As my wife Terri and I are traveling the northern tier of North Carolina checking out neighborhoods and open houses we stopped into one of my favorite vices we chanced upon in Burlington, NC.

Stetson Sovereign Twenty on this journey
Awesome, Tommy. I love Krispy Kreme! Are you guys moving?

Mm25

One Too Many
Welcome aboard, Mm!! Sweet Stetson, if ever I saw one, sir. I have a nearly identical hat, sans the "deluxe" designation. I does resemble a Hommie, but the brim seems to be more of a fedora, worn up, without a snapped front IMHO. I've always thought mine was something of a hybrid style. A fantastic lid, worn with aplomb!!

I've been on a short hiatus to visit my son playing semi-pro basketball in Israel. I took one hat, a Vintage Silhouette in Blue Smoke felt. I saw LOADS of fedoras, but in ten days in the country, mine was the only gray-toned one I saw. I plan a Fedoras Afield posting once all the photos are sorted through...
View attachment 45721

Thank you, I look forward to seeing your's once you're back. I agree the brim is not like other hombergs I have, but don't know what else to call it .

tommyK

One Too Many
Thanks, Harv and yes we are moving. Not sure where.

We sold our house in New Jersey 6 months ago and have been in Pennsylvania with the In-Laws as we've been looking for places to live. We both work from home now so we're looking for someplace that has a reasonably low cost of living but is not an economic and cultural wasteland. We're both looking to wind down to easier low stress jobs so we're not dead before we retire.

We sold our house in New Jersey 6 months ago and have been in Pennsylvania with the In-Laws as we've been looking for places to live. We both work from home now so we're looking for someplace that has a reasonably low cost of living but is not an economic and cultural wasteland. We're both looking to wind down to easier low stress jobs so we're not dead before we retire.
Wow. That's both a stressful and cool place to be in your life. Look into Richmond, VA. Its a great town, with lots to do, a good local art scene, and affordable. It may fit your bill. Not to mention, it is my home town. :) That, and we would be almost neighbors. ;)

Kirk H.

One Too Many

Well NC is a good place. Burlington is close to Greensboro, Chapel Hill, Raleigh-Durham area, Winston-Salem(the birthplace of Krispey Kreme) and my neck of the woods, Charlotte is about an hour and a half away. Happy huntin'

Kirk H.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Welcome aboard, Mm!! Sweet Stetson, if ever I saw one, sir. I have a nearly identical hat, sans the "deluxe" designation. I does resemble a Hommie, but the brim seems to be more of a fedora, worn up, without a snapped front IMHO. I've always thought mine was something of a hybrid style. A fantastic lid, worn with aplomb!!

I've been on a short hiatus to visit my son playing semi-pro basketball in Israel. I took one hat, a Vintage Silhouette in Blue Smoke felt. I saw LOADS of fedoras, but in ten days in the country, mine was the only gray-toned one I saw. I plan a Fedoras Afield posting once all the photos are sorted through...
View attachment 45721
Gotta love Israel. I'd like to go there one day and visit the ancient sites. I was always fascinated by its history. The hat looks great against the backdrop too.

A feeling of despair have got the better of me I'm afraid :oops:
But disappointment after disappointment does call for a radical solution: I'll have to do with what I already got!
And in order not to get tempted I'll probably have to stop participating in this tread for a while - see you around
CPHbackdrop.jpg

Thanks for all your inspiration, likes and comments :cool:
Panadora, none of us want to see you go. If you need to, dial it back a bit due to the temptation but please don't leave. Your posts will be missed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe