Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
About half a block into my walk after posting earlier, a gust of wind took my Sovereign off my head and deposited it crown down in a puddle. I took this as The Powers That Be telling me to reshape it. So while that is drying I switched to my Knox.
Then the rain returned.

debe9960eed70ad7a408dbd3a64796d2.jpg

That's 2 miles of walking in rain, and it didn't even soak through. I'd call that some decent felt.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
S. J. Fraenkel Wien, probably mid to late 1930s. I got this one last Spring but this is the first time worn (inspired by Josh's 1920s S.J. Fraenkel Wien Velour). This is my favorite hat at the moment.

Your hat has felt visual that is just stunning! That is a GRAND hat. I can not imagine how you choose a hat each day.

Steve, I would wonder how you arrive on a favorite, even for a moment, but with a good look at this one I can understand. At times like this I miss the <clap> emoticon.
+1 to Alan's comment about the clapping and tipping the hat emotion. Even more I watch this thread most days of the week and am just amazed at how amazing Steve's collection of hats is. The colors, felts and dimensions are very different from the "standard" US fedoras. I bow deeply at the waist in your direction in appreciation of the depth and width of the hats on your hat rack.

Appreciative and humbled, Eric -

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Everyone looks great this Friday a.m. Wonderful collection of lids.

Here's my newest Western. Resistol 3X Western in Silverbelly, (what else). As you can tell by the look on my face I'm not sure about this one. I reblocked this thing twice and was able to remove most of the taper but there's just so much crown that it's hard to get results that I'm satisfied with. I like tall crowns but this one is just too tall. Plus the fact that I'm tired of Silverbelly. I was able to reshape the brim to my liking, got rid of the Taco look. I'll see what it looks like once I put a hat band on it.

Before:
Resistol_3_X_D.jpg

After:
Resistol_XXX_1.jpg

Resistol_XXX_3.jpg

Resistol_3_X_1_RC.jpg

Some early Honky Tonk music from Hank Locklin:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I was missing in photos works for some days and it took a long time to see the fantastic hats displayed
- Joshbru3 your Fraenkel Wien color senape is a dream and your Resistol Panda conversion a gem
- Alan the Bancroft genuine beaver another drem
- Steve the Fraenkel Wien is stunning (one of the best I saw) and the Tsoard Marseille perfect for this party time of the year
- Bolero your sit portrait is awesome, the Strato too
- Bruno finally a good picture :)
- Lotshats your Pre 30' Stetson is a gem
- Anthony the MooDog conversion is fantastic
and many likes for all the others

Today is cold and really foggy
Black Borsalino with wide brim
29gjzsz.jpg

Sold in Munich - Germany
3026ff6.jpg

It came from a gentleman with only black Borsalinos for his head
vepsn6.jpg

Very soft felt with a stable shape
24n1keb.jpg

Buon Venerdì

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I was missing in photos works for some days and it took a long time to see the fantastic hats displayed
- Joshbru3 your Fraenkel Wien color senape is a dream and your Resistol Panda conversion a gem
- Alan the Bancroft genuine beaver another drem
- Steve the Fraenkel Wien is stunning (one of the best I saw) and the Tsoard Marseille perfect for this party time of the year
- Bolero your sit portrait is awesome, the Strato too
- Bruno finally a good picture :)
- Lotshats your Pre 30' Stetson is a gem
- Anthony the MooDog conversion is fantastic
and many likes for all the others

Today is cold and really foggy
Black Borsalino with wide brim
29gjzsz.jpg

Sold in Munich - Germany
3026ff6.jpg

It came from a gentleman with only black Borsalinos for his head
vepsn6.jpg

Very soft felt with a stable shape
24n1keb.jpg

Buon Venerdì

that Borsalino is absolutely beautiful

I usually stay away from black hats but that one right there I would wear ... my goodness !!.... those dimensions are wonderful

and thank you for the kind words on the Moon Dog ... that was all DOGMAN ... Chuck nailed it

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
S4C, looks good with that tie. Speaking of which, how many Christmas ties do you have?

Pretty much the same answer when I'm asked about how many hats I own. "More than a few, but not as many as I'd like."

I worked in retail sales, then at the corporate office, for several years and acquired a few since it made wearing a tie during the holiday season more fun and brought a smile to the people who saw them. I'll occasionally see one in a thrift store and pick it up if it's in good shape, like the gold Delta/Habitat holiday teddy bear tie I wore recently. I'm guessing I have fifteen or sixteen, but would like to have at least two dozen so I could go from Dec 1st to Dec 24th without a repeat.

But I don't have any sort of acquisition disorder.

I can stop any time I want.

Really. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe