Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Strapped – You remind me of my bookie, er, banker.

Hato – Biscup? Name brand? Would love to see the inside.

Panadora – Stay warm!

Mmbarnes – Wow. Gorgeous hat. Did you sew on a new brim binding?

Esther – You stay warm, too. Looks like winter is getting serious.

Java – Gorgeous colors on that one.

Bond – Great swoop on that hat. Almost Joaoesque.

RJR – I’ve seen that hat before. JavaDave stole it!

Fruno – Nice classic. I’ll get you pics of the box tonight.

Casechopper – I do love that beret. Awesome.

For me, my trusty 40’s Stratoliner.

Photo on 11-23-15 at 12.01 PM.jpg Photo on 11-23-15 at 12.01 PM #2.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!

Yesterday's hat is today's hat. My long hair Dobbs Golden Coach. Says Canadian Beaver, but I'm not sure about that. Yesterday while on my walk it treed the neighbor's cat, got in a snarling match with a spaniel and started making cooing noises at a fur coat. I think it needs obedience school.

278d3a3b253aacb7c41fb719c88faf46.jpg

I shall call this one the Tribble. Old nerds will get it, the young must GooGoo it.:)
Have a great day!

Hey everyone!

Yesterday's hat is today's hat. My long hair Dobbs Golden Coach. Says Canadian Beaver, but I'm not sure about that. Yesterday while on my walk it treed the neighbor's cat, got in a snarling match with a spaniel and started making cooing noises at a fur coat. I think it needs obedience school.

I shall call this one the Tribble. Old nerds will get it, the young must GooGoo it.:)
Have a great day!

Yeah, Canadians are normally much more polite than that!

Picture5.png

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
T Jones, stop it. I'm reminded of how old I am. Great flick.
Ha! I'm right there with you, buddy! I was a Senior in High School when that movie, "American Graffitti", first came out. I liked it so much that I went to the movie theatre and watched it every day, 17 straight times! Back then I had a souped up '56 Chevy. Had to watch that movie for the hot rods and the music!

Gotta love this chase scene! McQueen's '68 "Bullitt" Mustang vs '68 RT/Charger 440

Last edited:
Moehawk, Thanks! Great looking Dobbs Golden Coach!

Frunobulax, Thanks! The felt is black (so color issue) and the ribbon is blue (a nontraditional choice). Super Royal Stetson!

I did a good thing today.....I think. At my local Costco there is a young cashier that remarks on my hat every time our paths cross.

Today he lamented not being able to find a hat even closely like it. My hat is a vintage Bloomingdales with a 2" brim that I wear snapped up all the time, it is my knockabout hat. I have a Robert Hall stingy brim at home in black that I never wear as the stingy just does not suit me and neither does the black. I drove home picked up the stingy and took it back to Costco and gifted it to him. He was, to say the least, thrilled. We did not really get a chance to chat as he was working. I felt good but then wondered if I had done him any favours by giving him a STINGY instead of a fedora. Oh well, at least he gets to start somewhere and I figure another hat wearer, especially a young one, will be good for the world. Next time our paths cross I will give him the name of this site and he can become educated in all things HAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82