Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Grey day in Venice. Tomorrow more to come......
s5kzo9.jpg

An all day visit to see (again :) ) some ancient paintings in Accademia and an exhibition of an Italian painter of 20 - 30'
wivn2o.jpg

Flechet de Luxe Extra Léger vented

I see as always many interesting hats, too late and tired to comment all
Compliments!

Harv, Thanks! It's Austrian but my guess is that it was sourced by Leop. Nagy (a famous Vienna hat store). The felt on this one is really fantastic (actually a mix of colors with a beautiful finish).

Last edited:
Some great hats came out of the closet today! Thank you for the comments on my Mossant.

Alan, today's looks so light it may fly away. And I bow to your photography skills. You consistently provide visuals worthy of the hats you own.

Thank you! The Mossant is not especially light - 3.6 ounces on my office postal scale.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I want to know how you posted that before Bob posted his photos. Do you have a time machine? Are you a wizard?

And it is a nice pork pie, Bob.

Oh, you're above the fold, my man!

Alan, today's looks so light it may fly away. And I bow to your photography skills. You consistently provide visuals worthy of the hats you own.

Not to mention Harv and Mr. Galt bringing the classics to the front. Super showing guys!

Thx again Fruno. Smoke and mirrors...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Anthony, great color on the Fed. I am thinking about another. What is your thoughts on the Deluxe vs the Imperial felt?

Bruno, love it, sir!!

Richard, good to see a cattleman crease today. Nice.

Fruno, lol. Bob snuck in a post at the same time, so I edited my post to reflect his hat. Trade secrets, my friend. :D

Lol. I'm waiting on an Imperial Fed. Actually, I posted and realized I used the same pic twice. Then deleted the entire post AFTER your comment and subsequently quickly reposted...

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
Thanks HatsRme, Moontheloon, Lt.hats, Harv, MiamiBruno, Frunobrulax. This was a lucky purchase on eBay a while back, misdescribed as a really tiny size, but fortuitously a 7 1/8. I don't think it has any lacquer at all, and it is a dream to wear.

Moon, that Fed has great lines & I really dig the color combination.

I truly love the Flagship Harv. I have one, but it's a "second" from the old Stetson employee store and is both tiny & has a short brim. Maybe someday I'll find a better one...

Beautiful Massant, Alan!

Bob, I've also been looking for a Jaxon in my size for a long time. That is one cool, jazzy hat.

Strapped & MiamiBruno - great Strats! Makes me want to dig mine out.

Sorry if I missed anyone. I did my best.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
thanks for the comments on the Fed guys ... love that hat

Anthony, great color on the Fed. I am thinking about another. What is your thoughts on the Deluxe vs the Imperial felt?

Harv I actually don't find all that much difference in the felt

it is clear that it is a slightly better quality ... kind of a tighter nap and maybe a touch softer .... not the huge difference you would expect

thats not a knock on the Deluxe... more giving props to the Imperial ... which I find to be fantastic

where I do see a difference is the sweat

also .. this could be completely random... but both my Deluxe Akubra hats fit perfectly out of the box where all my Imperials sort of had to wear in and tighten up a bit

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Late night and an very early morning on my schedule. Tonight, I am staying at the small utility apartment we have at the gym. My hats, vtg. Stetson Milan and Playboy, are patiently waiting on my autos backseat. I should invite them in later for a Netflix movie and popcorn. :):eusa_doh:

i-rHQXwNM-M.jpg

Best, Tired Eric -

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Fed IV again today.
Figured you may be tired of seeing my ugly mug ... So here she is on the hook in my office at the studio

e83ab3849b9d82bfea42a87e752dbe44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon,I dig the deep side dents on that hat.I'm getting ready to order my 1st Fed IV.

Thank you

I think I have finally developed a bash technique and style that I am very happy with

it is indeed a craft to me

you are going to love the Fed IV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82