Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Nice hat you've got there sir!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Esther--thank you. I've been quietly admiring your work. Your hats are fantastic.

tommy--the Borso is also my lightest and thinnest. I have another Alessandria-style Borso that may have been made several years later and although it's very light and thin, it's the not quite the same as the tawny-colored one. Close, though.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Esther--thank you. I've been quietly admiring your work. Your hats are fantastic.

Thank you! I'm on a mission to get more women to wear hats. It's tough!
They are worried they will get looked at, or worry what people are going to think of them...
It boggles my mind if you then look at what they are wearing sometimes.
But to each their own I suppose.

I'll just be there merrily wearing my hats :D

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Back to the Dobbs 707 today.

3766c59145a2f322bdc09bf5ca5c2df6.jpg

tommy--the Borso is also my lightest and thinnest. I have another Alessandria-style Borso that may have been made several years later and although it's very light and thin, it's the not quite the same as the tawny-colored one. Close, though.

Another vote for your Borso, g.durand, I like the look and the color. Have you ever weighed it?

Thank you! I'm on a mission to get more women to wear hats. It's tough!
They are worried they will get looked at, or worry what people are going to think of them...
It boggles my mind if you then look at what they are wearing sometimes.
But to each their own I suppose.

I'll just be there merrily wearing my hats :D

If it helps, my hat wearing has certainly rubbed off on my wife. Now, half the time when we leave the house I hear, "I need a hat!" As she searches for the right one to wear.

Good looking 707 S4C.
Tommy, my Silverbelly CD has become one of my "go to" hats.
Thanks for the photo essay, Joao. In deference to you, I'm wearing one of my biggest brims today. It's still under 3", which makes it a stingy by your standards, but, hey...

IMG_1094.JPG IMG_1098.JPG

Dalton OR clone

EstherWeis

Vendor
Another vote for your Borso, g.durand, I like the look and the color. Have you ever weighed it?

If it helps, my hat wearing has certainly rubbed off on my wife. Now, half the time when we leave the house I hear, "I need a hat!" As she searches for the right one to wear.

That's good to hear.
I noticed in the USA people are more used to seeing people with hats. Here it's all a bit "extravagant".

My hubs can relate, when were about to leave it's always the same story.
Have you seen my grey hat? Yes dear, on the rack.
No! Not that one, the other grey one.

That man has some patience for sure :)

+1!

Fruno, Perry, great Hawaiian shirt/ fedora combos! TGIF!!

TY. I like Perry's too.

Guy at the Speedway offered to arm-wrestle me for my shirt this morning whilst I was getting coffee. I told him I would win.

By our office tradition, only two more Aloha Fridays left in the year. Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
+1. Facial hair bestows power, charm, intelligence and character on the man sporting it.

I doubt that it'll happen. I like taking a break from shaving, and grow out my beard each year for DragonCon for my Walter White/Heisenberg costume. However, as both a collector and user of antique straight and safety razors I have grown to enjoy my daily shaving routine. More importantly, my wife prefers me clean-shaven, and I definitely get more affection from her and my daughters when I have no beard.

The only thing I'd prefer when I grow my beard is that the con is always during one of the hottest times of the year. Getting used to facial hair again with 90* temps is always an adjustment.

I doubt that it'll happen. I like taking a break from shaving, and grow out my beard each year for DragonCon for my Walter White/Heisenberg costume. However, as both a collector and user of antique straight and safety razors I have grown to enjoy my daily shaving routine. More importantly, my wife prefers me clean-shaven, and I definitely get more affection from her and my daughters when I have no beard.

The only thing I'd prefer when I grow my beard is that the con is always during one of the hottest times of the year. Getting used to facial hair again with 90* temps is always an adjustment.

Make Mama happy. If Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy! My wife actually requested I grow this thing.

Fruno, I'm jealous, your office has Aloha Fridays!

Yup, a couple of the ex-military guys here at the office carried the tradition over from their days in the USAF. It's kinda fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe