Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that one, Bob! Especially with the brim up. Could you post an up close of the whip- stitching? I'm a big fan of it.

Chamuco - great hat and view!

Always the class act, G.D.

Moon, another vote for the pug! Summertime should be carefree. A plain band would tone it down too much.

Perry- you've been killing it all week! Great hats, great aloha shirts, and kicking vintage necktie earlier this week.

Fruno rockin' the milan with the festive pug!

Great Cab, S-4-C. Impeccable crease.

Classy panama, DJH!

As always, an excellent selection, Charlie!!

There's been some great hats this week guys, I've been looking - even though I've only had on the same dirty ball cap for work. Looking forward to a weekend of hat viewing and wearing pleasure. Stay safe, all.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I like that one, Bob! Especially with the brim up. Could you post an up close of the whip- stitching? I'm a big fan of it.

Chamuco - great hat and view!

Always the class act, G.D.

Moon, another vote for the pug! Summertime should be carefree. A plain band would tone it down too much.

Perry- you've been killing it all week! Great hats, great aloha shirts, and kicking vintage necktie earlier this week.

Fruno rockin' the milan with the festive pug!

Great Cab, S-4-C. Impeccable crease.

Classy panama, DJH!

As always, an excellent selection, Charlie!!

There's been some great hats this week guys, I've been looking - even though I've only had on the same dirty ball cap for work. Looking forward to a weekend of hat viewing and wearing pleasure. Stay safe, all.
Thx DH. Sure.
01a6dd9928bbcb1989ad5d0949fe6e8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Nice show today.
Moon, I vote for a pug. Maybe not that pug, but a pug.

Took a trip inland where it was supposed to be in the 90's, so Iwent with the Stetson semi colado. Turned out to only be in the high 70's, so I was happy.
928f264c28a9ed17ba1bea4612a19831.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Crazy busy week.

Crazy busy week. Today is the first opportunity I have given myself to visit the forum. I say WOW, WOW. You fellows are kicking hat butt.

I will post up a couple of pics I took early week, but did not make time to post up. The first is a new to me Batsakes felt hat. The felt is a very unique felt color with a blue ribbon. I wore it catching up on yard chores and a quick sail boat excursion and I enjoyed wearing it. Very comfortable. I will post more about it later as I spend some time wearing it.

i-JSK5jrr-S.jpg
i-Ps67j46-S.jpg

i-PZ3vPNh-S.jpg
i-N2Zj6J7-S.jpg

Terrible pics with my face has me introducing you to my vtg. Stetson Scoop without a wearing pic. I will remedy that in the near future. The fedora came in an original box with a sales tag. It is soooo fun to visit the origins of the fedora.

i-mxw67v5-M.jpg

The Stetson Scoop is a grey felt that has a very special moldable like quality (as we all have experienced - like many of the vtg felts). It will take a crease or show a bump against a tree limb instantly. The felt on this hat is very similar to my vtg. Stetson Vogue or Stetson Avenue. Density, felting, pouncing, and feel to the hand are all similar characteristics. Very luxurious feel overall. The edge work is unique and I enjoy looking closely at it.

i-5Gs49bL-M.jpg

i-Xz3CjjN-M.jpg

The fedora has a very unique brim shape. It has a "big curl" that gives it a big snap. I will have to spend some time looking thru this forum to confirm the block and flange used. It appears to the eye that the brim is small, but the brim measures at 2.5 when flattened.

i-2dCHvrq-S.jpg
i-3K7DP46-S.jpg

I have added a pic of the Scoop with a vtg. Stetson Whippet in grey also. I thought it would be interesting to see the flange differences on the different model Stetson hats from similar same years. The Scoop has a dynamite blueish green colored ribbon. Excellent hand work and ribbon work. Truly well done.

i-Vx873Bf-M.jpg

More to come.

Thanks to all for sharing.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Wearing this Resistol today.
Not sure I'm feeling the puggaree anymore on this hat.
I may change it to a ribbon.
Would love some thoughts if you have any.

025b4400e6efaa43302bec60c6852f2e.jpg

cecd69befe19d9a61e885d7f08e6d198.jpg

670108dfeef2e549962ba7049915b18d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just threw this ribbon on to see what one might look like

Any thoughts compared to the pug?

adbb1e77bd874d0fdcf355a40cd4ba48.jpg

fc01245ebfaad37bfdbc45756ac29b6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Moon; For me the darker colored pug works better with this special straw hat. The dark colored pug pops for me.

Lots of opinions. I like that i can change pugs often. That is not available with felt ribbons ne. Enjoy straw weather and the pug variety.

Best,Eric

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Eric - I don't recall seeing a Stetson Scoop before; that is one cool looking hat.

I was wearing my "Limey" Black Sheep earlier this evening - out of control backlighting and flare

smugshot_8513461-L.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
thanks guys ... I'm digging the dark as well ... I'll live with it for a while and see if it scratches the itch

Eric I'll have you know that I am officially barefoot right now because you just knocked my F'n socks off !!

pure beauty ...

... I'll gladly give mohawk a clipping from my hat tree if in return I get one leaf from Erics hat tree

my lord

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I think Eric needs to come clean with us. He bought an abandoned warehouse full of brand new never opened Stetson hat boxes.

I have on more than one occasion made some cooing noise or gasp when I see your hats and had to explain my noises were due to this guys' hats on the website.

Incredible hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82