Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Late arrival---modern Open Road panama, reshaped into a fedora. It's a pretty good warm weather hiking hat because I don't worry too much about ruining the not-so-high grade sweatband.

Overlooking part of the Mt. Tamalpais watershed.
IMG_4301_zpsdt8jhd2f.jpg

The oleanders are blooming everywhere here right now.
IMG_4302_zpsyns523o5.jpg

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
I'm in Warwick, NY for a film festival. With a Stefeno Panama. Good for hot weather because I won't worry about the cotton sweatband!

59ddf11119fab730b36dbd152b2f7115.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late to the party.

Started off the day out and about in my Adam Executive Quality Pacesetter

IMG_0885.JPG

Switched out of that as it got a little hotter over the course of the day to what I refer to as my Thrift Store Milan for some afternoon running around and an evening ballgame.

IMG_0890.JPG

Somewhere out there is a pot 'o' gold for us all...

IMG_0893.JPG

javadave61

Practically Family
Dave,

I was just there yesterday morning and left with 3 hats - 2 straws and 1 Strat OR and when it gets a tad cooler, will pick up another felt...

I mostly looked at the straws, but when I turned around to see the amazing array of felts, my heart skip a beat. I wish I had had more time.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
MIchael - that re shape is killer..... man would love to get some of my hats in your hands

Greg - looking cool in both senses of the word , indeed ... and that building behind you intrigues me ... is it someones home? .. a store?... a barn?

Fruno - looking slick bro... sometimes I feel like you are a slightly older version of myself :p

MIchael - that re shape is killer..... man would love to get some of my hats in your hands

Greg - looking cool in both senses of the word , indeed ... and that building behind you intrigues me ... is it someones home? .. a store?... a barn?

Fruno - looking slick bro... sometimes I feel like you are a slightly older version of myself :p

TY for the compliment.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
An unusual weekend submission for me. Even more unusual as I see that GregNYC is wearing a hat with a brim and I'm wearing an 8 panel cap from Hannah Hats. :)

8e615b85504d3b894e84a52f8fa9ecf1.jpg

Editing to add a thanks to Greg for the cap.

Last edited:

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
S4C, the cap is a good look on you. I love my patchwork Hanna, but it seems to have become my workshop hat lately.
Today I'm wearing my newly re-refurbed Young's. When I first got it, it was a mess. Pics were posted on a thread here somewhere. I fixed it up the best I could without proper tools or much experience. Now, with a bit more stuff and know-how, I did a little better job this time. It originally was thin ribbon with a bound brim both the same color as the hat (boring!) but moths had a hoe-down around the original bow leaving huge holes in the felt so I went with 13/16" ribbon I ordered from Winchester in Bone dyed koala brown for the band, same in 9/16" for the brim. After spending hours stitching the ribbon on the brim and still wishing it was better, I decided I need a sewing machine. The unreeded sweatband was way easier than I thought, tiny stitches and all.
Well, here it is.
2a752c855a2ad0e7cc74d1cbbad5bbf5.jpg
5714e9edee743902a6e243340bfb45d0.jpg
68385bf10adbde937b3e265e3736aeca.jpg

Fits perfect now.:)
Have a great day.

IMG_0901.JPG IMG_0902.JPG

I seem to keep finding this Dobbs No-Name straw on my head almost every Saturday for errands.

I like the simple center dent on the Fed IV, Chamuco. How's the fit?
Moehawk, good looking ribbon treatment.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
TY RJR and Fruno. Trying to improve my skills every day. And, I would be thrilled to find a straw like that on my head, Fruno. So far it hasn't happened yet.

Chamuco, great look on the Fed.

TJones, the photo effects take all the (alleged) boredom out of the silverbelly.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Moon, that building behind me is a barn in Warwick, NY, converted into a bed and breakfast. On the side wall outside, they hang a movie screen and we see movies all night Friday and Saturday eves. Grindhouse exploitation movies, the best of the worst. It's an annual event called "Grindstock."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82